English to Portuguese: Slip and Cut Tensioner Cable General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Petroleum Eng/Sci
Source text - English 1. Spool off 84' ft. of wire, mark it, and respool slack back onto drum;
2. Collapse the tensioner and lay out the wire in the cellar deck;
3. Remove anchor clamp & bulldog, remove one wrap from anchor;
4. Slip wire through tensioner. The weight of wire by the moonpool will pull it through;
5. Replace wrap on anchor positioning mark at clamp. Re-do clamp at the bulldog. Back off bolts on clamp above the drum;
6. Cut off socket, replace at the required position;
7. Stroke out tensioner.
Translation - Portuguese 1. Desenrolar 84 pés de cabo, marcar e reenrolar no tambor;
2. Retraia o tensionador e acondicione o cabo ao longo do porão de convés;
3. Remover abraçadeira e placa de ancoragem, remover uma volta de ancoragem;
4. Passar o cabo pelo tensionador. O peso do cabo no convés "moonpoll" irá fazer o mesmo passar através;
5. Recolocar a volta de ancoragem posicionando na marca feita na abraçadeira. Reaperte a abraçadeira na placa de ancoragem. Afrouxe os parafusos na abraçadeira acima do tambor;
6. Remover o soquete e recolocá-lo na posição requerida;
7. Libere o tensionador.
Other - Pasadena City College
Years of translation experience: 5. Registered at ProZ.com: Sep 2013.
I am a native Portuguese speaker born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. I lived for ten years in US where I could develop my fluency and deepen my vocabulary in English language, having done several courses in the area and worked as a translator of troubleshooting documents from English to Portuguese for Cisco Systems as well as QA for a Hollywood company called HTV of post-production films and TV series and as subtitler also.
In Brazil I worked on oil rigs as a technical translator and as a radio operator which made me learn an extensive technical vocabulary in the area of oil and gas engineering.
I attended the IT college in California, did the ESL (English as a second language) Program, four years and a half in law school but not graduated and nowadays, I'm taking a degree in languages with speciality in English.
So, I'm looking forward to work with you and introduce my high quality professionalism and commitment to the acquired contract.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.