French to English
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, MT post-editing|
|Government / Politics||Human Resources|
|Tourism & Travel||Education / Pedagogy|
|Food & Drink||Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
|Also works in:|
|Management||Marketing / Market Research|
|Transport / Transportation / Shipping||Wine / Oenology / Viticulture|
|Slang||Idioms / Maxims / Sayings|
|Advertising / Public Relations||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Energy / Power Generation||Engineering (general)|
| PRO-level points: 10, Questions answered: 19, Questions asked: 3 |
|Other - Chartered Institute of Linguists London|
|Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Sep 2013.|
|French to English (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified)|
French to English (University of Bath)
French (University of Bath, verified)
German (University of Bath, verified)
|Food, Nutrition and Culinary Translators|
|Adobe Acrobat, MemoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| T14-Terminology for Healthcare&Medicine-Level 3 [download]|
Translating for Food Industry [download]
Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is it really that simple? [download]
Professional Translation Background:
- DIPTRANS Iolet qualification in translating French to English since January 2013.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists.
I have worked on a range of translation projects since 2008 : tourism, history, website translation.
I specialise in the following fields:
- Corporate communications (annual reports, press releases, internal communications)
- Tourism (flight magazine, brochures, websites)
- Gastronomy (wine descriptions, menus)
- Education (websites)
- General technical (call for tenders in the domains of energy and construction).
- BA (Hons) degree from Bath University : European Studies and Modern Languages (linguistics, translation, history, economics) in French and German.
- Certified English teacher in France (CAPES) since 2004.
- DipTransIOLET Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists, since January 2013.
I was born in Devon, and have lived in France since 1998. I gained dual nationality (French) in 2011, in order to fulfill my council duties as delegate councillor for tourism in Sierck Les Bains, France. I am also an active member of a local heritage society in our medieval village.
I can therefore say that I have an in-depth knowledge of French culture and way of life, as I work and interact daily with French nationals and lead cultural and tourism projects for the council.
Keywords: education, music, gastronomy, culture, tourism, banking
Profile last updated