English to FrenchFlemish to FrenchSpanish to French Dutch to FrenchFrench (monolingual)
| Michael Bastin |
Translator, Project Manager & SEO*
Valencia, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
Local time: 05:54 CET (GMT+1)
| || || |
BeTranslated: network of professional translators
| Freelancer and outsourcer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Blue Board: BeTranslated - Michael Bastin |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Project management, Vendor management, Sales, Operations management|
|Computers: Hardware||Computers: Software|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||IT (Information Technology)|
|International Org/Dev/Coop||Internet, e-Commerce|
|Media / Multimedia||Telecom(munications)|
|Also works in:|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||Education / Pedagogy|
|SAP||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Tourism & Travel|
English to French - Standard rate: 0.11 EUR per word / 32 EUR per hour Conditions apply
Flemish to French - Standard rate: 0.16 EUR per word / 35 EUR per hour
Spanish to French - Standard rate: 0.06 EUR per word / 20 EUR per hour
Dutch to French - Standard rate: 0.17 EUR per word / 35 EUR per hour
Minimum charge for project management in EUR: 50.00
| PRO-level points: 849, Questions answered: 477, Questions asked: 384 |
|PayPal, Wire transfer, Skrill|
| EN-FR, ES-FR, FR-ES, NL-FR |
|Bachelor's degree - Ecole d'Interpretes internationaux, EII, Mons-Belgium|
|Years of translation experience: 18. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2001.|
|English to French (Ecole d'Interprètes Internationaux, BE)|
Dutch to French (Ecole d'Interprètes Internationaux, BE)
|Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast|
I am a French speaking Belgian with a degree in translation from the Ecole d'Interpretes Internationaux, Belgium. I have lived and studied in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the USA and worked in Costa Rica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic where I currently reside. Open-mindedness, multicuturalism and multilingualism best define me.
My main areas of expertise are (by order of importance): current events, geopolitics, education, human rights, country guides, events, tourism, marketing communications and user guides.
I am also a multilingual seo specialist, and have promoted numerous websites.
I am self-employed but able to rely on trustworthy partners when handling large projects. I am able to quote per page or for the whole project depending on customers' requirements.
BeTranslated Dom Rep/Cabarete Michael Bastin BeTranslated Dom Rep/Santiago Karl Supierz BeTranslated Belgium-Luxembourg BeTranslated Germany
For more info, check my personal website about my English to French translation services
and English to French translators working in team
, a website that I manage and promote.
- Translation of UN conferences (Powerpoint presentations) for several departments. January 2004 onwards
- Translation Wireless devices user guides. March 2004 onwards
- Translation of various websites.
- Translation of a report on drug trafficking in the world from English to French. April 2003 onwards. 40 000 words.
- Translation of numerous CVs. January-June 2003.
- Translation of online soccer games, catalogues, product descriptions for a major company active in the sport industry from English to French. June 2003. 10 000 words.
- Translation of a Suzuki car manual (spare parts, servicing, etc.) from English to French. December 2002. 10000 words;
- Translation of various documents on medical assistance to African countries and human rights. November 2002. 12000 words;
- Website translation of a major Belgian hosting company from Dutch to French. October 2002. +/- 15000 words;
- Translation of a document called Child Labor in the World Today to French. October 2002. 30000 words;
- Translation of technical documents on audiovisual installation. September 2002. 10000 words;
- Translation of SAP User Guides in .doc and .ppt format for different agencies June – July – September – October 2002. +/- 60000 words;
- Translation of magazines specialized in IT, paper products, woodwork, machinery, travel and events from Dutch to French (Pet & Garden, Filofax, Service Stations, The Corporate Traveller). 20 pages a month since 1999;
- Translation of PowerPoint presentations from English to French about industrial processes for SDL Translation. June/July 2002. +/-20000 words;
- Translation of Human Rights articles from Dutch to French for Oxfam Solidarité. March 2002. 5000 words;
- Translation of country guides about Thailand and Taiwan... from Spanish to French. March 2002. 5000 words;
- Translation of a technical user guide about military antennas. February 2002. 60000 words;
- Translation of CD Burner user guides from English to French. February 2002. 10000 words;
- Translation of the monthly e-business newsletter from English to French. 2000-2001;
- Proofreading of a search engine translation into French. March 2000 +/-5000 words;
- Translation of parts of a website providing workflow management systems from English to French. 2000;
- Proofreading of Press releases translations and parts of the website from English to French for a company specialized in content management. 2000.
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
Keywords: French translation, English, French, translation French translator - English to French Translator travel, leisure, marcom, website translation, economics, geopolitics, marketing, IT, computer science, events, incentives, user guides, software help, localisation, marketing communication, country guides, events, press releases, incentives, html documents and websites. Also a search engine, optimization specialist and a google ranking expert. SEO
42 visits in the last month,
from a total of 15 visitors This profile has received
Profile last updated