I am native Finn that has lived and work in the United Kingdom for the past 15 years. I hold a Master's degree in experimental cell biology with biochemistry and chemistry as supporting subjects. Although my official mother tongue is Swedish, I have a native proficiency in English and I am fluent in Finnish.
My professional background is within academia and the pharmaceutical industry but I have also worked as a science teacher in British secondary schools and hence familiar with the education system in the UK. I specialise in the translation of scientific, medical and educational texts.
M.Phil in cell biology/biochemistry/chemistry
Pharmaceutical industry and academia
Almost 20 years of experience including:
• Pharmacological research
• Curation and development of scientific databases
• Science teaching
• Publication of own research
Working as a freelance translator since 2012:
• Translations from English and Finnish into Swedish
• Translations from Swedish and Finnish into English
• Medical device manuals
• Texts for web sites
• Marketing material
• Training manuals
• Pharmaceutical and medical translations
• Educational and general translations
• Proofreading and editing of Swedish and English texts
"Great translation of the description of our app for the Apple iPhone. Highly recommended.
“Good and in-time translation. Very prompt and thorough replies on review comments. Thanks!"
“Great translation and professional, highly recommended.”
“Excellent work, very prompt and very thorough. Highly recommended!”