English to Italian (Université de Genève, verified) French to Italian (Université de Genève, verified)
Alchemy Publisher, IBM CAT tool, MateCat, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, STAR Transit, Translation Workspace, XTM
CV available upon request
I have a Master in Translation from the University of Geneva (Diplôme de Traducteur from ETI – University of Geneva, Switzerland, 1982, Attestation d'Equivalence: August 2010) and a long-standing experience as a translator, localizer and copywriter.
I started as literary translator (I translated several English and French books for major Italian publishers, listed below), then moved to Information Technology and localization. I worked extensively on projects of Microsoft, Compaq, HP, Quark, AutoDesk, Lotus, Computer Associates, JDE and several other software producers. I also substantially worked for: Agfa, Reflex, and other international manufacturers.
Today I work as technical and patent translator and website transcreator.
I can translate approx. 2000 words per day, ensuring high quality and punctuality.
I have a solid experience in Trados as well as several other translation tools (such as MemoQ, Star Transit, IBM TM, XL8, OmegaT, other proprietary tools, etc. )
During my career, besides translations, I have also worked as:
- Director of a Real Estate company
- International development expert (I have a Specialization in Food Security Assessment and Action awarded by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain, as well as several other certificates in international development-related subjects)
- Executive in the leather (tanning) sector
- Head of Localization Division
- Computer Science Editor
- IT Trainer
I have translated the following books:
- TEX for the Impatient, Addison-Wesley Italia, Translated from English (TeX for the Impatient), 1991
- Programmare in Turbo C++, McGraw-Hill libri Italia, Translated from English (Using Turbo C++), 1991
- Windows 3.0, Addison-Wesley Italia, Translated (translation, technical editing and screens) from English, 1990
- Introduzione a SQL, Addison-Wesley Italia, Translated from English (Introduction to SQL), 1990
- Excel Uso avanzato, McGraw-Hill libri Italia, Translated from English (Advanced Excel for the PC), translation, screens and technical editing, 1990
- Urania Fantasy. Asgard, Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, Translated from English (Asgardh), 1990
- Il Naturalista Racconta, Ed. La Scuola, Translated from French (Le naturaliste raconte), 1990
- Gli snumerati : impariamo a far di conto per fare i conti con il mondo, Leonardo Editore, Translated from English (Innumeracy), 1990
and the following short stories:
- Piste di guerra (The Summer People), Lucius SHEPARD
- Il bambino che fece ritorno dalla morte (The Boy Who Came Back from the Dead), Alan RODGERS
- Il mondo di Eifelheim, AA. VV.
- L'esperto di geometria cieco (The Blind Geometer), Kim Stanley ROBINSON
- L'ultimo inseguimento (The End of the Hunt), Uwe LUSERKE
- Eifelheim (Eifelheim), Michael F. FLYNN
- Udite un pianto di bimbi? (Do You Hear the Children Weeping?), Howard GOLDSMITH
- L'attesa (Waiting), Carl J. HOFFMAN
- Un certo culto per la bellezza (An Eye for Beauty), Sydney J. BOUNDS
- La notte in cui si persero il film dell'orrore (Night They Missed the Horror Show), Joe R. LANSDALE
- L'ultimo inseguimento, Uwe LUSERKE
- Popsy e altri racconti, Stephen KING, Richard MATHESON,James HERBERT e altri
My hobbies are:
- wilderness and environment
I live in Austria and in Italy.
I am a resident of Austria.
In Italy, I am in the Board of Directors and President of an Italian Real Estate company.