My name is Ying Li, and I come from Mainland, China. I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Management from Webster University Thailand, an International campus of Webster University St. Louis, at the same time, I also graduated with an Bachelor's Degree in Linguistic from College of Arts and Sciences Yunnan Noarmal University, China.
I have had collectively 3 years of teaching and tutoring experience since the end of 2009:
• I have professionally transcribed the audio files of an interview done by Bloomberg about the Chinese Contemporary Artist Zhang Huan. And I accurately translated the whole interview from Chinese to English.
• I have voluntarily translated customer’s medical documents which include Radiodiagnosis Report and UCG Reports.
• I have also translated some academic papers about the relationship between Chinese ethnic groups.
• I have also translated business brochures, retailer’s booklet and other company documentation for Volante Guitars.
• I have tutored American teachers who worked in China and helped them understand Chinese culture, so that they could better adjust to cultural differences from the beginning.
• I have cross-functionally worked in Halio International School,Thailand as a Mandarin teacher and a Chinese history teacher. I taught students who come from around 20 countries worldwide. The teaching plan was developed based on the syllabus of HSK test (Chinese version of TOEFL). This culturally diverse teaching environment has greatly enriched my teaching experience. In addition, I gained valuable teaching tactics and experience by teaching students from basic level Chinese to advanced level Chinese, and from 3 years old kids to 30 years old adults.
I am committed to pursuing a career in higher education professionals and am currently studying for further professional qualifications by distance learning, such as edX, and MOOC China.
My research interests include:
• International Relations;
• Chinese philosophy (especially Taoism, Confucianism and Neo-Confucianism);
• Cultural difference between the Imperial Chinese society and modern Chinese society; and
• Chinese history (specialized in the Song dynasty).