Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Finnish -> English
French -> English
Italian -> English
I feel there are several aspects of my life that qualify me to be successful in this endeavor.
1. My exposure to many languages:
- I studied Spanish and French in high school and continued on with 4 more years of French in college.
- I lived in south Texas and Southern California (for 7 years) where Spanish was just as commonly spoken as English.
- I was an exchange student to Finland where I lived with a family that spoke no English. I returned again as an adult for another summer. They all worked at a youth hostel that summer, so we communicated in many imaginative ways, taking advantage of the guests as middlemen we often went from English to French or Spanish to Finnish.
- I lived in Gaeta, Italy for 3 years. I learned to do my banking, shopping and other daily tasks in Italian. I also traveled extensively during this time, using whatever language I could to communicate.
2. My proven writing skills:
- I am an AT&T Certified Technical Writer. During my tenure at AT&T, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and United Health Care, I authored and edited many training and business documents to make them more easily understandable. My tenure in these companies had made me familiar with telecommunications, banking, insurance and technical terminology.
- I was also a staff writer for the AT&T employee monthly newsletter.
I look forward to working with you!