Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to German (Uni Düsseldorf) French to German (Uni Düsseldorf)
Adobe Photoshop, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Ayato
CV available upon request
Hi! My name is Hanna. I translate video games, movies, poetry, blogs, literature, in short: any text that needs to be not only correct, but also beautiful.
You can read an essay about translation pholosophy that I published here:
(It's in German!)
In the past, I have
- run through the virtual worlds of Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and Mario & Luigi. I have worked for four years as an inhouse translator for Nintendo of Europe and written texts for anything from RPGs to fashion boutique simulators to Karaoke software.
- grown grey hair translating obscure 19th century French poetry into German.
- made subtitles and suffered with the characters of noir existentialist films as well as with refugees in political documentaries.
- translated anime title songs into German and supervised their recording at the sound studios.
- taught classes for M.A. students at the University of Düsseldorf on "Translating the American novel".
- been a digital nomad and blogger.
German is the language I love, and translation is what I do best.
If you have an interesting project proposal, I'm all ears.