English to German (Uni Düsseldorf) French to German (Uni Düsseldorf)
Adobe Photoshop, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Ayato
CV available upon request
Hi! My name is Hanna. I translate video games, movies, poetry, blogs, literature, in short: any text that needs to be not only correct, but also beautiful.
You can read an essay about translation pholosophy that I published here:
(It's in German!)
In the past, I have
- run through the virtual worlds of Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and Mario & Luigi. I have worked for four years as an inhouse translator for Nintendo of Europe and written texts for anything from RPGs to fashion boutique simulators to Karaoke software.
- grown grey hair translating obscure 19th century French poetry into German.
- made subtitles and suffered with the characters of noir existentialist films as well as with refugees in political documentaries.
- translated anime title songs into German and supervised their recording at the sound studios.
- taught classes for M.A. students at the University of Düsseldorf on "Translating the American novel".
- been a digital nomad and blogger.
German is the language I love, and translation is what I do best.
If you have an interesting project proposal, I'm all ears.