English to Korean: Wildfires General field: Social Sciences
Source text - English Dr. Ernesto Alvarado of the University of Washington, who specialises in large fires, says that historically portions of the forests of America’s north-west would burn every five to 20 years. In many areas, however, these fires have been suppressed for over a century by the needs of loggers and residents. Over time, undergrowth, saplings and dead trees accumulate, creating conditions in which a fire can spread very rapidly. Furthermore, a recent reduction in logging has led to an even closer packing together of trees. “To maintain good forest health in many of these forests, you need fire,” says Dr Alvarado.
Translation - Korean 대형 화재를 전문으로 연구하는 워싱턴 대학교의 어네스토 알바라도 박사는 역사적으로 5-20년 주기로 미국 서북부의 숲에 불이 난다고 말합니다. 하지만, 여러 지역에서 이러한 화재는 벌목꾼들과 지역 주민들의 필요에 의해 100년 이상 억제되어 발생하지 않았습니다. 시간이 지나면서, 저성장, 묘목과 고목이 쌓여 산불이 대단히 빠르게 퍼져나갈 수 있는 환경이 조성됩니다. 나아가, 최근의 벌목 감소를 통해 삼림의 밀도가 더욱 높아졌습니다. 알바라도 박사는 "대부분 숲의 좋은 삼림 건강을 유지하기 위해서는 화재가 필요합니다," 라고 말합니다.
Korean to English: E-reader General field: Tech/Engineering
Source text - Korean 전자책 리더기에는 전자 종이 기술이 적용된다. 전자 '종이'라는 이름에 담겨있듯 첨단을 달리는 지금에도 인간은 종이의 질감을 갈구한다. 종이책의 장점은 분명하다. 일단 눈이 편안하다. 그리고 한 장 한 장 넘기는 손맛까지 더해진 감성 제품이다. 하지만 영구적이지 않고 책이 늘어날수록 책장 빈자리는 줄어든다. 전자책은 종이책이 가지는 단점은 보완하고 장점은 현대기술로 개선하기 시작했다. 넓은 시야각으로 가독성을 높였다. 배터리 수명도 길어지고있다. 그 중심에는 전자 잉크 기술이 있다.
Translation - English Electronic reader, or e-reader, utilizes electronic paper technology. As the name, electronic 'paper,' suggests, humans still crave the texture of paper, even in this current generation of cutting-edge technology. The advantages offered by printed book are clear. First of all, it doesn't strain eyes. Printed book is a sentimental product that provides pleasure of flipping through pages. However, it is impermanent, and it takes up too much space on the shelf as the collection grows. E-reader began compensating the cons of printed book while further improving its pros by utilizing modern technology. Extended viewing angle allowed better readability. Battery life has been increasing. At the core of these improvements, there is electronic ink technology.
Years of translation experience: 4. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2017. Became a member: Dec 2017.
Korean to English (TOEIC 990) English to Korean (TOEIC 990)
Adobe Acrobat, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
• Fluent in English and Korean language including scientific terminology, business vocabulary, colloquialisms, and marketing translations
• Translating, Proofreading, Editing, and Reviewing drafts for English to Korean and Korean to English translations
• Specialized in Science, Marketing, Gaming, and Website Localization projects
• Knowledge in biological and chemical science fields
• SDL Trados CAT tool, MS Office Suite
• Python and R programming language
2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics -Interpreter
- Korean-English interpretation for athletes, guests, staff members, and organizers of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
TransPerfect -Medical Translator
- Translate confidential medical documents including medical research papers
- Translate biological, chemical, and pathological terms
Neowiz – Bless
- Translate gaming terms including skills, displayed effects, and abilities in game
- Teach English language as a second language for students whose first language is Korean
Chung-Buk Province Volunteer Center -Medical Volunteer/Translator
- English – Korean translation for doctors
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Checking prescriptions for translation accuracy
Kotsakis Lab (University of Washington School of Dentistry Department of Periodontics)-Research analyst
- Bacteria data analysis using R programming to examine statistical data for the relationship between inflammatory diet and oral health
- Create plots of Principal Component Analysis data
KH Park Corporation-Manager/Interpreter
- Translating/interpreting for the owner group and the employees
- Short term and long term goal setup and management
Keywords: English, Korean, Seattle, Bellevue, Washington, computers, technology, software, localization, Seoul, Busan, IT, clothing, game, video game, Xbox, Play Station, PlayStation, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Zelda, Breath of the Wild, Final Fantasy, Mario, Destiny, The Last of Us, Battlefield, NES, Call of Duty, DLC, Star Wars, Battlefront, GTA, Blizzard Entertainment, Activision, Civilization, NCsoft, 2K Games, 2K Sports, Microsoft, Amazon, ArenaNet, Avalanche Software, Bandai Namco Studios, Bethesda, Bethesda Game Studios, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starcraft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, WoW, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Tycoon, Bungie, Halo, Capcom, CD Projekt RED, The Witcher, Colossal Order, Cities, Skylines, Creative Assembly, Total War, Alien, Crytek, Far Cry, Crysis, TimeSplitters, devCAT Studios, Mabinogi, Nexon, DICE, Mirror's Edge, Eidos Interactive, Hitman, Electronic Arts, EA, FIFA, Need for Speed, Ensemble Studios, Firaxis Games, XCOM, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, FromSoftware, Game Freak, Pokemon, Pokémon, Gearbox Software, Grezzo, GSC Game World, Guerilla Games, Hangar 13, Harmonix Music Systems, id Software, Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Infinity Ward, Insomniac Games, Spyro, IO Interactive, Irrational Games, BioShock, Koei, Konami, LucasArts, Maxis, Maxis Software, The Sims, SimCity, Kirby, Nordeus, Gran Turismo, Steam, Player Unknown's Battle Ground, PUBG, Titanfall, Rockstar Games, Rockstar, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Marvel, Rovio, Sonic, Sony, Square Enix, Supercell, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Valve, Valve Corporation, Portal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Dota 2, Counter-Strike, CS: GO, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Zynga, Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Asics, Mizuno, Wilson, Shure, Audaze, BOSE, Biology, Genetics, Pharmaceutics, medical,