Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
As you already know, my name is Juan Rebolo. I am a professional translator, specialized in the field of localization, more precisely, in the localization of video games, software, apps, and websites. I work with English as my source language and Spanish as the target one, specifically, the Spanish from Spain, as I am from the Balearic Islands.
Regarding my formal education, I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English Studies from the University of the Balearic Islands (2013-2017). Moreover, I spent one year studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway, where I had the opportunity to immerse myself in the real life in an English-speaking country. Now, I am pursuing a Master’s Degree in Translation and New Technologies: Localization of Software and Multimedia Products, offered by the Menéndez Pelayo International University. Because of my specialization, I have the knowledge and experience to do the following tasks:
- Translation and localization working with different CAT tools such as SDL Trados, OmegaT, and Wordfast.
- Pre-edition and post-edition of MT texts.
- Translation of HTML and XML files, and edition of images.
- Creation, edition, and synchronization of subtitles for audiovisual materials.
- Localization testing (linguistic and cosmetic) and functional testing.
Apart from the professional knowledge, I also make use of my experience as a gamer, which enables me to understand and anticipate what the public of our services expect from our products.