Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, Wordfast
As you already know, my name is Juan Rebolo. I am a professional translator, specialized in the field of localization, more precisely, in the localization of video games, software, apps, and websites. I work with English as my source language and Spanish as the target one, specifically, the Spanish from Spain, as I am from the Balearic Islands.
Regarding my formal education, I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English Studies from the University of the Balearic Islands (2013-2017). Moreover, I spent one year studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway, where I had the opportunity to immerse myself in the real life in an English-speaking country. Now, I am pursuing a Master’s Degree in Translation and New Technologies: Localization of Software and Multimedia Products, offered by the Menéndez Pelayo International University. Because of my specialization, I have the knowledge and experience to do the following tasks:
- Translation and localization working with different CAT tools such as SDL Trados, OmegaT, and Wordfast.
- Pre-edition and post-edition of MT texts.
- Translation of HTML and XML files, and edition of images.
- Creation, edition, and synchronization of subtitles for audiovisual materials.
- Localization testing (linguistic and cosmetic) and functional testing.
Apart from the professional knowledge, I also make use of my experience as a gamer, which enables me to understand and anticipate what the public of our services expect from our products.