Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Korean - Rates: 0.04 - 0.04 USD per word / 38 - 38 USD per hour Korean to English - Rates: 0.04 - 0.04 USD per character / 38 - 38 USD per hour French to Korean - Rates: 0.04 - 0.04 USD per word / 38 - 38 USD per hour
Bachelor's degree - Sungkyunkywan university
Years of translation experience: 1. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2018. Became a member: Jun 2018.
Adobe Photoshop, Amara, Fluency, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, ProZ.com Translation Center, SDL TRADOS, Subtitle Edit
CV available upon request
★Other translators here have written that they can delve right into any work and translate texts from all areas of expertise, although they are beginners who have just received work. That's simply not possible. It's not entirely impossible to translate in certain areas where you aren't experienced with the subject matter, but it can result in a wrong translation. I only translate text from fields in which I have experience ★
1. Fashion and literature I majored in English literature, French literature, and fashion. I read many books about literature and can translate texts related to it. I can use the knowledge acquired from reading several years of magazine subscriptions and fashion articles and visiting shopping malls.
2. Travel and Tourism I had prepared for working in the travel and hospitality industries until last year. In training, I obtained boarding and ticketing certificates related to ground crews and received systematic travel agent training, enabling me to effectively translate texts related to travel and tourism.
3. Art I love art galleries and have collected brochures from the British Museum, the Sachi Gallery and the Tate Modern in the U.K. and the Louvre, Rodin Museum, and the Musee d'Orsay in France. In 2012, I worked for the art shop at the National Museum of Art in Seoul and sold artworks and art catalogs. I'd like to translate texts pertaining to the art industry.
4. Business and marketing While working as a translation assistant at the MICE (meetings·incentives·conferencing·exhibitions) Industrial Team in Ansan City Hall in Korea I drafted a company introduction letter, web page translation, and company promotional brochure. I recently translated a leather trading company's product proposal and company introduction letter in PowerPoint. I'm confident in this area.
5. Video translation I am currently volunteering for the TED Video translation team and also translating some YouTube videos as a hobby. Moreover, I attend the Academy of Video Translation in Korea and consistently practice translations using their video translation software.
6. Law, IT and medicine I'm studying these fields lately because I still have only a rudimentary knowledge. I don't want to get a job related to law, IT or medicine until I feel I can handle it. Since I’m currently studying background knowledge and basic terms, I will soon be able to effectively translate an even wider range of fields in the future.
7. Continuous Learner I never stop learning. I want to be a translator who constantly expands their breadth of expertise through a lifetime of study and diligence.