Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word
"CV available upon request" but you know sometimes it is quicker and more precise to figure out through a conversation rather than a paper sheet. You should know me better in that way.
I am very pleased to join in Proz.com as a new translator!
I hope my ability to translate Japanese, English and Korean language interchangeably can help someone in need of good translation.
My goal is to present a deliberated translation which values how culture and context can affect the conveyed meaning of a message. (This is very crucial part of translating texts from a different background)
Followings are the simplified history of myself!
1. Family Background
- Born between Korean dad and Japanese mum
- Lived with my Scottish uncle with whom I spent my young days together
- Had to speak in 3 different languages to communicate with my family
- Lived and Studied in Japan, the UK, and the Netherlands.
Studied at Lancaster University, UK
Studied at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, NL
- Currently studying Digital Communication at Konkuk University in Korea
- 4 years of Experience in General and Professional Translation (KOR, ENG, JPN) as a freelancer
- Work experience at NAVER, Korea's largest online portal, as UI/UX planner
Localising BAND App & Web (from Korean to English and Japanese)
Translating Snow App (from Korean to English and Japanese)
- Participated in a start-up, Contenta.co, as a translator, administrator, and content creator
-> I basically did almost everything that relates to planning, developing, designing, launching and releasing App to the market.
- Raising 2-months-old kitten and I love her so much more than anything :)
- Loves any motor vehicles. I enjoy riding a BMW motorcycle and driving my car with a manual transmission. I believe I have an up-to-expert knowledge of things run on engines.
Keywords: English, Korean, Japanese, IT, Communication, Localization, Localisation, Translation, Interpretation, Technology, Automobile, Self-driving Car, App, Mobile, Web, Application, Media, Linguistics, Culture, Cultural, Context, Contextual, British, British English, English to Korean, English to Japanese, Japanese to Korean, Japanese to English, Korean to English, Korean to Japanese