I am very pleased to join in Proz.com as a new translator!
I hope my ability to translate Japanese, English and Korean language interchangeably can help someone in need of 'good' translation.
My goal is to present a deliberated translation which values how culture and context can affect the conveyed meaning of a message. (This is very crucial part of translating texts from a different background)
Plus, since I've been working in App & Web environment, I reckon I am good at making a message in a limited space.
Followings are the simplified history of myself!
1. Family Background
- Born between Korean dad and Japanese mum
- Lived with my Scottish uncle with whom I spent my young days together
- Had to speak in 3 different languages to communicate with my family
- Lived and Studied in Japan, the UK, and the Netherlands.
Studied at Lancaster University, UK
Studied at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, NL
- Currently studying Digital Communication at Konkuk University in Korea
- 4 years of Experience in General and Professional Translation (KOR, ENG, JPN) as a freelance
KOR > ENG, KOR > JPN Translation and Interpretation at Oui Communication
KOR > ENG, KOR> JPN University Brochure publishing at Oui Communication
Chemistry and factory related local Interpretation at Bristol-Myers Squibb, Swords, Ireland
SNS Advert contents translation KOR>ENG at KICHO Cosmetics
- Cybercommunication Academic Society Conference works
- Work experience at NAVER, Korea's largest online portal, as UI/UX planner
Localising BAND App & Web (from Korean to English and Japanese)
Translating Snow App (from Korean to English and Japanese)
Proofreader of all serviced languages in BAND team.
- Participated in a start-up, Contenta.co, as a translator, administrator, and content creator
-> I basically did almost everything that relates to planning, developing, designing, launching and releasing App to the market.
- Raising 2-months-old kitten in my profile picture and I love her so much more than anything :)
- Loves any motor vehicles. I enjoy riding a BMW motorcycle and driving my car with a manual transmission. I believe I have an up-to-expert knowledge of things run on engines.