Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
(Opted out of PRO Certification due to lack of faith in peer-qualification process.) True native of the English language. Registered User of ProZ since 2001, sporadic paying member. Would like to see ProZ professionalism return to 2003 standards.
Pricing: from .95-1.35 EUR per line (50-55 characters incl. spaces)
Depending on the size and complexity of any project, pricing may vary.
All prices are subject to VAT (where applicable)
My personal philosophy
• I believe it is a translator's duty to produce copy as readable and interesting as the original. I translate the idea into the idea. Many translators can't do this, and a non-native speaker rarely has the feel for it, concentrating more on the correct grammar rules. I promise a translation that a native speaker will enjoy reading and not realize they are reading a translation. This is extremely important when dealing with advertising copy.
• I grew up bilingually in Canada with German parents BUT my dominant language has always been English, which is why I would never attempt to translate English into German.
• Degree in commercial photography and graphics with further education in DTP and web design.
• 12 years of experience in publishing and advertising design studios in San Francisco and Berlin.
• 15 years as a language professional.
• From February 2001 to present: Freelance translation from German into English. I work within a network of DE<>EN certified and sworn professional translators
• 2002-2003 GBB Gesellschaft für Bildung + Beruf e.V.
Teacher of English within the context of a further education program for academics ("Verhandlungsführung -- Englisch als Kommunikationsgrundlage") organized by the Deutsche Arbeitsamt
• 1998-March 2001 Internet-Index GmbH, Internet design studio
Translation of websites from German into English, web design and DTP
• 1996 Media International Verlag, Hotel magazine publisher,
Freelance German to English translations of tourism texts
• 1992-1996 Zitty Verlag, Bi-weekly events calendar magazine
Page layouts in PageMaker and typesetting
• 1990-1992 Fokus e.V. Language School
English teacher of all levels, one-on-one instruction and in the classroom
• 1988-1989 City Sports Magazine, National magazine
Freelance typesetting, ad design
• 1988-1989 Ampersand Design,
Layout; conceptual teamwork on high quality projects for design agencies (i.e. Paramount Pictures); customer service; computer layout and text specification
• 1986-1988 Atlas Press
Layout, typesetting and text specification
• 1985-1989 San Francisco Bay Guardian Weekly (www.sfbayguardian.com)
Typesetting management; layout, paste-up, data conversion and text specification
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.