The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
English to Spanish
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization|
|Marketing / Market Research||Internet, e-Commerce|
|IT (Information Technology)||Medical (general)|
|Medical: Health Care||Medical: Instruments|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Computers (general)|
|Transport / Transportation / Shipping||Tourism & Travel|
|Telecom(munications)||Sports / Fitness / Recreation|
|Media / Multimedia||Law (general)|
|Investment / Securities||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||Finance (general)|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||Medical: Dentistry|
|Computers: Hardware||Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
English to Spanish - Rates: 0.07 - 0.07 USD per word / 25 - 25 USD per hour
|Bachelor's degree - National University of Rosario|
|Years of translation experience: 16. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2002.|
|English to Spanish (Colegio de Traductores de la Pcia. de Santa Fe 2da. Circunscripción)|
English to Spanish (American Translators Association)
|ATA, Association of translators of the province of Santa Fe (2nd dist|
|Adobe Acrobat, DejaVu, Idiom, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
|CV available upon request|
| Marcela Ferrero endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
I am a Translator and Reviewer of English into Spanish (LA) from Argentina, with fifteen years of proven experience.
2011-Present: MA in Translation Studies. National University of Córdoba.
2010-Present: Spanish Proofreader & Copy Editor. Fundación Litterae-Fundéu.
2002-2003: BA in Translation of English (postgraduate course). National University of Rosario, Argentina.
2001-2002: Simultaneous Interpreter of English (postgraduate course). “Olga Cossettini” Institute of Higher Education, Rosario, Argentina.
1998-2001: Literary and Technical- Scientific Translator of English. “Olga Cossettini” Institute of Higher Education.
My areas of experience:
- Marketing/online advertising
Audio, Construction Materials, Dentistry, Legal Translation, Medical Devices, Military, Politics, Psychiatry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Software Localization, Sports, Telecommunications, Transport, Tourism, Web.
My everyday job:
- Translate materials meeting client’s strict quality requirements.
- Review and audit content translated by other translators/agencies.
- Provide feedback and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
- Help ensure client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
- Maintain terminology in glossaries and TMs.
- Maintain style guide.
- Fix linguistic bugs.
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders when necessary.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused, flexible and proactive.
- Ability to produce high quality results following tight deadlines.
- Excellent grammar, editing and stylistic skills, applied to the translation and review processes.
- Ability to work in groups and interact with other teams.
- Excellent computer skills and willing to learn to use new tools.
Keywords: Literature, marketing, medicine, tourism.
Profile last updated
Jan 14, 2016