I am a German native based in Vietnam.
I studied Prehistoric Archaeology, Japanese History, Japanese Linguistics in Bochum, Germany and graduated in 2007. The following years I worked as an archaeologist in Southeast Asia, especially in Vietnam. 2009 I changed to Vietnam, where I have been living since then. After some years in archaeology, I started 2012 with writing and translating, after I had the opportunity to translate texts in a 2010-12 exhibition project. Since 2017 I am also online freelancing.
My specialties arise from my personal and academic interests:
- prehistoric archaeology and archaeology in general
- archaeometry and archaeochemistry, especially the chemistry of glass and materials analysis
- metallurgy, mining and the development of metals in a historic perspective
- travel, tourism and travel literature
- religion, Buddhist archaeology, Buddhism in general, Zen, Thien
I translate writers/authors such as Abe Shinichi, Hoshi Shinichi, Jessica Kishimoto, Ihara Saikaku, Ikkyu Sojun... I work on a commented translation of the Hari Seiko Zensho, a Japanese work on glassmaking of 1829/30.
I also work on Vietnamese writers like Xuan Dieu and Nguyen Ngoc Thach, as well as a preparation of a German translation of the Truc Lam Dai Si Xuat Son Do.
My work experience includes private, corporate clients as well as agencies.
I do translate mainly texts in the field of humanities, social sciences and to an extend sciences.
I do not translate marketing and legal texts.