Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
European Portuguese translator for oil and gas/ petroleum industry, environment, HSE - health, safety and environment, mining, shipping and automotive
with technical training in these areas. Member of ITI and CIOL.
Standards followed in the profession:CEN prEN 15038 on Translation Services & SAE J2450 on Translation Quality Metric for the Automotive Industry
Work with SDL Trados 2008, SDL Trados Studio 2014, MemoQ 2014 R2, Passolo 2009, 2011 & 2014 and most word processors.
* MITI - Certified in Oil and Gas by ITI
* MCIL - Registered with CIOL
* MA in translation studies
* Working in translation since 1995
* Freelance translator since 2001
* In-house translator in a large UK-based translation company from 1998 to 2000
** Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - Training - January 2015
** Oil - its origin and use, Shell Film and Video Unit - August 2014
** SOLAS familiarisation - June 2013
* SDL webinar on QA with SDLTradosStudio2009 - February 2010
* Environment training course on Waste Management - October 2006 (not completed)
* Environment training course on Environment Management Systems and ISO 14001 by Cencal (www.cencal.pt) - July 2006
* Automotive Training Courses for Translators at FORD (Daventry - UK), FORD LUSITANA (Portugal) and GM (Luton - UK) - from 1998 to 2000