Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Dutch (University of Hasselt (Diepenbeek))
Adobe Acrobat, Idiom, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
Dear possible future customer
My name is Dimitri Vandenborn, a Dutch speaking Belgian living close to the Dutch and German border. I'm a commercial engineer in business informatics and also have an MBA degree (English). Next to my main job on the IT-department in a utilities company, I've got an additional job as a freelance translator in my own company Helios Consulting bvba. I spend quite some time during the evenings and in the weekend doing translation projects, mostly Dutch to English, or vice versa.
In august 2006 I discovered the proz.com website and I hoped to build some interesting relationships with people or companies which needed help with translations to the Dutch language. Before I only had contact with some Belgian or Dutch companies which needed translations to the Dutch languages. Till now Proz.com has helped me very well in finding trustworthy and very good international clients.
The two strengths I have to offer are:
- First of all my flexibility, since I’m able to work outside business hours (in the evenings or in the weekends) in the surrounding time zones. So a request that comes in late in the afternoon or the evening can be handled by the next morning. That already has proven to be very useful for some customers for proofreading as well as translation.
- The quality of my translations, because I only accept projects from which the topic lies in my interests and for which I’m familiar with the terminology to meet the quality standards of the customer. And next to that the proofreading that my lovely wife takes care of. Although she doesn’t always understand what a text might be about, she’s always able to point out some corrections that further improve my translation.
The topics in which I’m interested and in which I do translation projects are:
-Information technology (hardware and software)
- Consumer electronics (I really like the latest gadgets)
- SAP (ERP-package)
- Technical manuals
- Code of conducts
During the last years I’ve done quite some interesting translation projects. The list would be too long to list them all so I’ll only mention the projects on which I’m really proud I’ve worked on them: - Information technology (hardware and software)
o Translation of a manual for several Soundblaster products
o Translation of technical IT-related documents for Rabobank
o Translation of all kinds of games, going from poker to mobile games to bigger games on PC/console (translating manuals or in game texts)
o Translation and proofreading of the social games site King.com
o Translations of several apps for Studio100 - Marketing
o Translation proofreading of content for Swatchmtvplayground.com
o Translation of marketing related texts for Bentley
o Translation or the Orbitz travel website and the China Airlines website - Consumer electronics
o Translation of technical information sheets from Apple iMac and MacBook
o Translation of content for Sony Playstation
o Translation of the iPhone app Airsharing (several versions) - SAP (ERP-package)
o Translation of quite some SAP-manuals - Automotive
o Translation of technical manuals for several car brands (Suzuki, Nissan, Volvo)
o Localization of content of SSAB.com
o Translation of the manuals for Beisbarth - Technical manuals
o Localization of content of Urschel.com (Technical machines for food processing)
o Translation of manuals for Xerox - Codes of conduct
o Translation and proofreading of business conduct policies for several companies
I never did these translation projects directly for the customers, but always worked via agencies. These are the agencies from which I regularly receive some new projects and with which it is a pleasure to work:
- Eurocom (http://www.euro-com.net/)
- Fasttranslator/Snelvertaler (http://www.fasttranslator.com/nl-NL_Home.htm)
- Sajan (http://www.sajan.com)
- Mogi (http://www.mogi.eu.com)
- Melchior (http://www.melchior.com/en/about.htm)
- Verztec (http://www.verztec.com/en/index.php)
If you’d be interest in any references, please feel free to contact me or check the blueboards on proz.com
Looking forward to hear from you.
Keywords: microsoft, windows, excel, word, powerpoint, outlook, access games, internet, sap, photoshop, internet, automotive, technical, translation, proofreading, information technology, hardware, software, marketing, consumer electronics, code of conduct