Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a native English speaker with over 5 years of experience living and working in Japan. I pride myself on providing quality translations on time. A more detailed resume is available upon request.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY: politics, government, legal, news, business, marketing, manuals, certificates, and tourism
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 1 (highest level)
• Quality translations delivered in a timely manner.
• All translations are checked and rechecked for accuracy.
• Proficient in most major computer programs.
• Translating and proofreading experience since 2000.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Translating experience since 2000
• Currently working as a Japanese to English freelance translator.
• Past projects have included translating news articles, press releases, affidavits, birth certificates, audits, correspondence, surveys, and brochures.
• Experience working with Japanese materials in a university setting
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA USA
Master of Library and Information Science, August 2008
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI USA
B.A., Political Science, May 2000
Jochi Daigaku (Sophia University), Tokyo, Japan
Study Abroad, Fall 1998
• Toshiba Satellite A105 notebook computer
• Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
• Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
• Wordfast CAT tool
• Brother MFC 420 CN laser printer/scanner/fax
• Broadband internet access
• Large collection of Japanese and English dictionaries and language guides
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.