Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Chinese: Whitewater Rafting, Amazon Basin （from 1000 ULTIMATE ADVENTURES) General field: Other Detailed field: Tourism & Travel
Source text - English No jungle list is complete without the daddy of them all – the Amazon rainforest. And the best way to truly appreciate this vast lushness is to take a boat through its inner core, starting with a white-water raft on the rapids of the upper river and moving onto more mellow motorised dug-out canoes as you get deeper downstream. You can also visit a rehabilitation centre for rainforest animals for close-up views of animals you’ll have heard of, such as monkeys and snakes, and ones you won’t, such as tapirs and ocelots.
Translation - Chinese 如果漏掉了最大的亚马逊雨林，任何丛林名单都是不完整的。而要真正欣赏这个郁郁葱葱的巨大森林，最好的办法是乘坐一叶小舟，从它腹地中央穿过，就从河流上游那些激流中的一次漂流开始吧，然后转移到更温和的机动独木舟上，顺流而下，逐渐深入雨林。你还可以在一个康复中心近距离观看那些你仅仅耳闻过的雨林动物，如猴子和蛇，以及那些你闻所未闻的动物，如貘和豹猫。
Years of translation experience: 16. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2006.
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Frontpage, Google Translator Toolkit, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
CV available upon request
English-(Simplified) Chinese book translator. Works of translation mainly include:
1. The Virtue of Selfishness ( by Ayn Rand, both simplified and traditional Chinese editions)
2. Leviathan (by Paul Auster)
3. A Naturalist and Other Beasts ( by George B. Schaller)
4. Freedom: A History of US ( by Joy Hakim )
5. Losing My Virginity (by Richard Branson)
6. Blue Mythologies: Reflections on a Colour (by Carol Mavor)
7. Ant (by Charlotte Sleigh )
8. Musée du Louvre ( by Luca Bachechi; only traditional Chinese edition)
9. Darwin ( by Adrian Desmond, James Moore; I'm the major translator)
10. The Oxford History of World Cinema ( by Geoffrey Nowell-Smith; I'm the major translator)
11. The Art of Walt Disney: From Mickey Mouse to the Magic Kingdoms and Beyond (by Christopher Finch; only traditional Chinese edition, I'm the major translator)
I also co-translated several Lonely Planet Travel Guides, such as Japan, New Zealand, France, Russia, Canada and Scandinavia, 1000 Ultimate Adventures and 1000 Ultimate Experiences.