Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
CV available upon request
86, rue Bryant
Sherbrooke (Québec), J1J 3E4
Language Combinations: English, French, Japanese Specialized Field
Business General, Software, Computers, Letters /Greetings/Conversations, Company brochures, Catalogues, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Newspapers and Articles, Research papers, Website contents, Travel & Tourism, Southeast Asian Cultures, Anthropology, Literature, International Relations, Politics, Cultural Studies, History, Foods, Health, Journalism, Religion, Buddhism, Film and Cinema Studies, Music, Fashion & Textiles, Radio and TV broadcasting, Women Studies, Computational Neuroscience, Environment & Ecology etc.
January 2003 – Present: Freelance Worker, Sherbrooke, Canada
English / French > Japanese Translation
- On-line dictionary (translation, annotation and proofreading, http://www.wordreference.com/)
- E-learning materials (Japanese Linguistics Course Editor for Mango Languages, available at www.mangolanguages.com.).
-Translation and editing of the CD-ROM bilingual directory of 400 Canadian agri-food companies for the Agri-Food Export Group Quebec-Canada
(English / French to Japanese, available at http://www.clubexport.ca/en/groupe/publications.php).
- Software installation instructions, localizations (Skype, GogoPay, CallingID, etc.).
- Legal documents on immigration and adoption (Espace Paris Adoption)
- Market Research (Opinionway, GMV Conseil)
- Furniture assembly instructions (cafekid, Costco)
- Fashion related advertisements and lists of brand names
- Biographies (Patrice Korian:http://korian.new.fr/).
- Tourism related documents, company and hotel brochures, newspaper articles,
website contents, newsletters, etc (Niagara Helicopters Ltd., Le Méridien Dubai, InterContinental Abu Dhabi, etc.).
- Documents on Buddhism (meditation, Zen, Non Violent Communication, etc.)
- Documents on Parenting
Japanese > English Translation
- Advertisements of hotels, E-mails and letters, food labels, research papers, legal documents etc.
- Medical related reports (University of Sherbrooke Hospital Center/ Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke)
French/English <> Japanese Interpretation
- Part-time interpreter for Niedner (tyco fire& security), Coaticook, Canada (2008-)
- Volunteer Interpreter for the Japanese delegation during their participation to the IAAF World Youth Championships in Sherbrooke, Canada (2003).
Language Instructor:giving private and group lessons of English and French to local Japanese students.
September 2001 - May 2002:
Research Assistant & In-house Translator
Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, Kyoto, Japan
- Translation of technical documents, articles and website contents from English to Japanese (Computational Neuroscience)
- Research of information and preparation of official documents
- Management (editing and updating) of the department's websites
- Communication with foreign partners in English
- Participation to various research projects assisting the researchers with their works
April 2002 - June 2002:
Language Instructor, Shigisan School of nursing, Nara, Japan.
- gave English reading classes.
March 2000 – May 2000:
Volunteer Translator, Liaison Office of H.H. Dalai Lama for Japan and East Asia, Tokyo, Japan
- Translation of news articles on Dalai Lama and Buddhism
- Master of Asian Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (2001)
- Doctoral program (coursework) in English Literature (2000), Nara Women's University, Nara, Japan (2000)
- Master of Arts in English Literature, Nara Women's University, Nara, Japan (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts in English and English Literature (1995)
- Certificate of French (Micro-program), Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Canada (2007)
Summary of qualifications
- Outstanding ability to appreciate the nuances and connotations of the original language.
- Superb command of English, French and Japanese language and grammar.
- Extensive knowledge of vocabulary in these three languages.
- Educational background in English literature and language (with a M.A.).
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Excellent skills in research activities.
- Ability to review and rewrite other translations.
- Remarkable ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superior ability to achieve immediate and long-term goals.
- Computer proficient with Windows applications, MS office and Internet Explorer.
LanguagesJapanese: native speaking, reading, and writing.
English: fluent, 20years. Specialized in both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
French: advanced, 13 years.
- Completed a two-year FSL course (1991-1993, Nara Women's University – Nara, Japan)