Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
CV available upon request
86, rue Bryant
Sherbrooke (Québec), J1J 3E4
Language Combinations: English, French, Japanese Specialized Field
Business General, Software, Computers, Letters /Greetings/Conversations, Company brochures, Catalogues, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Newspapers and Articles, Research papers, Website contents, Travel & Tourism, Southeast Asian Cultures, Anthropology, Literature, International Relations, Politics, Cultural Studies, History, Foods, Health, Journalism, Religion, Buddhism, Film and Cinema Studies, Music, Fashion & Textiles, Radio and TV broadcasting, Women Studies, Computational Neuroscience, Environment & Ecology etc.
January 2003 – Present: Freelance Worker, Sherbrooke, Canada
English / French > Japanese Translation
- On-line dictionary (translation, annotation and proofreading, http://www.wordreference.com/)
- E-learning materials (Japanese Linguistics Course Editor for Mango Languages, available at www.mangolanguages.com.).
-Translation and editing of the CD-ROM bilingual directory of 400 Canadian agri-food companies for the Agri-Food Export Group Quebec-Canada
(English / French to Japanese, available at http://www.clubexport.ca/en/groupe/publications.php).
- Software installation instructions, localizations (Skype, GogoPay, CallingID, etc.).
- Legal documents on immigration and adoption (Espace Paris Adoption)
- Market Research (Opinionway, GMV Conseil)
- Furniture assembly instructions (cafekid, Costco)
- Fashion related advertisements and lists of brand names
- Biographies (Patrice Korian:http://korian.new.fr/).
- Tourism related documents, company and hotel brochures, newspaper articles,
website contents, newsletters, etc (Niagara Helicopters Ltd., Le Méridien Dubai, InterContinental Abu Dhabi, etc.).
- Documents on Buddhism (meditation, Zen, Non Violent Communication, etc.)
- Documents on Parenting
Japanese > English Translation
- Advertisements of hotels, E-mails and letters, food labels, research papers, legal documents etc.
- Medical related reports (University of Sherbrooke Hospital Center/ Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke)
French/English <> Japanese Interpretation
- Part-time interpreter for Niedner (tyco fire& security), Coaticook, Canada (2008-)
- Volunteer Interpreter for the Japanese delegation during their participation to the IAAF World Youth Championships in Sherbrooke, Canada (2003).
Language Instructor:giving private and group lessons of English and French to local Japanese students.
September 2001 - May 2002:
Research Assistant & In-house Translator
Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, Kyoto, Japan
- Translation of technical documents, articles and website contents from English to Japanese (Computational Neuroscience)
- Research of information and preparation of official documents
- Management (editing and updating) of the department's websites
- Communication with foreign partners in English
- Participation to various research projects assisting the researchers with their works
April 2002 - June 2002:
Language Instructor, Shigisan School of nursing, Nara, Japan.
- gave English reading classes.
March 2000 – May 2000:
Volunteer Translator, Liaison Office of H.H. Dalai Lama for Japan and East Asia, Tokyo, Japan
- Translation of news articles on Dalai Lama and Buddhism
- Master of Asian Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (2001)
- Doctoral program (coursework) in English Literature (2000), Nara Women's University, Nara, Japan (2000)
- Master of Arts in English Literature, Nara Women's University, Nara, Japan (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts in English and English Literature (1995)
- Certificate of French (Micro-program), Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Canada (2007)
Summary of qualifications
- Outstanding ability to appreciate the nuances and connotations of the original language.
- Superb command of English, French and Japanese language and grammar.
- Extensive knowledge of vocabulary in these three languages.
- Educational background in English literature and language (with a M.A.).
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Excellent skills in research activities.
- Ability to review and rewrite other translations.
- Remarkable ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superior ability to achieve immediate and long-term goals.
- Computer proficient with Windows applications, MS office and Internet Explorer.
LanguagesJapanese: native speaking, reading, and writing.
English: fluent, 20years. Specialized in both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
French: advanced, 13 years.
- Completed a two-year FSL course (1991-1993, Nara Women's University – Nara, Japan)