Dutch to English
Afrikaans to English
| John Holloway |
Translation with communication smarts
Local time: 17:28 CEST (GMT+2)
Native in: English (Variant: British)
| || |
>> Translation from the target audience's point of view >> Click 'Contact' tab above to email me.
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, MT post-editing, Training, Copywriting|
|Poetry & Literature||Law (general)|
|Law: Contract(s)||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Law: Taxation & Customs||Advertising / Public Relations|
|Marketing / Market Research||Finance (general)|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||Construction / Civil Engineering|
|Also works in:|
|Management||Medical: Health Care|
|Medical (general)||International Org/Dev/Coop|
|Printing & Publishing||Sports / Fitness / Recreation|
|History||Government / Politics|
|Textiles / Clothing / Fashion||Engineering: Industrial|
|Engineering (general)||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Computers: Software||Computers: Hardware|
|Computers (general)||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Media / Multimedia||Automotive / Cars & Trucks|
|Cinema, Film, TV, Drama||Philosophy|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Real Estate||Human Resources|
|Journalism||Tourism & Travel|
| EUR |
| PRO-level points: 72, Questions answered: 42, Questions asked: 2 |
| 1 projects entered |
|Project Details||Project Summary||Corroboration|
Volume: 6500 words
Completed: Jul 2011
Dutch to English
|Hospital IT control system manual |
Manual describing IT network, hardware and software infrastructure of a hospital, including security system, operating theatre, lighting and climate control - for the purposes of operating, monitoring, maintenance and repair.
Computers (general), IT (Information Technology), Medical (general)
| No comment.|
|Wire transfer, PayPal, Skrill|
| KudoZ points won_Field-Tech/Engineering_Level-PRO |
|Bachelor's degree - University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
|Years of translation experience: 19. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2007.|
|Dutch to English (BA (English), UKZN, South Africa)|
Afrikaans to English (UKZN Afrikaans/Nederlands I)
|Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| John Holloway endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
[Please request CV and rate card via 'contact' tab, above.]
- Dutch > English: translation
- Dutch > English: interpreting (business, law, finance, marketing - C level meetings)
- Afrikaans > English: translation
- English: (copy) editing, proofreading, (copy) writing
CONSULTANCY AND TRAINING SERVICES
- Business process development.
- Communication strategy development and implementation.
- Translation and advertising agency traffic and briefing process development.
- BA in English & Philosophy plus law credits; 3 years as an attorney's articled clerk.
- Translation, back-translation and localisation management: +20 years experience in developing, implementing and localising marketing communication in Dutch and English, working mainly for global advertising agencies and global client brands.
- Pan-European, South African and Australian experience in developing, implementing and localising large-scale, multilingual campaigns for global brands, working out of global ad agencies and subsequently as an interim manager and consultant for direct clients.
- Professional translation, editing, proof reading and (some) writing experience in law, marketing, financial, insurance and other fields, including translation/editing of (4) tertiary-level business text books.
CAREER OVERVIEW / ABRIDGED CV
1978 - 1998:
- Marketing executive, account director, strategic planner and GM/MD/director in global marketing companies and communication agencies in South Africa, Australia, UK and the Netherlands (incl. European region).
1999 > current:
- Marketing communication consultant/interim manager and freelance translator .
International training and work experience in law, finance, senior management and marketing communication (servicing a wide variety of client categories - thus a broad commercial and technical vocabulary).
For more information and personal contact please click the 'Contact' tab, above and email me.
Sole trader, registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce
and Dutch Tax & Customs Administration as
Dynamite Cottage Industries.
TO RESPOND CLICK THE 'CONTACT' TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 76|
PRO-level pts: 72
|Dutch to English||72|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||12|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||8|
|Printing & Publishing||4|
|Ships, Sailing, Maritime||4|
|Pts in 6 more flds >|
See all points earned >
Keywords: native, english, university, dutch, netherlands, graduate, dutch/english, translation, advertising, copy, article, website, blog, column, english lessons, brochure, direct, business, emotion, marketing, copywriter, medical, it, itc, automotive, engineering, law, technical, industrial, manual,
124 visits in the last month,
from a total of 27 visitors This profile has received
Profile last updated