Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR FOR THE CAPE VERDE EMBASSY IN ITALY
BROAD EXPERIENCE IN LAW & MARKETING
Combining theory and practical skills
Italian is my mother tongue and I have a specific and specialized knowledge of English, Spanish and Portuguese. I am a Portuguese specialist and a passionate linguist, translating since 2007, being an official translator of the Cape Verde embassy in Italy. Many journeys abroad have also refined my English and Spanish skills, constantly improving. To me, every translation is a challenge!
I offer my clients accuracy and clarity that comes from careful research of the subject area and terminology. I never improvise or accept projects beyond my qualifications and competences.
I translate mainly law, marketing and company related documents, such as Policies and Surveys, but also medical and tourism related texts. My university specialties in Communication Sciences and my experience in marketing companies and press offices made me particularly skillful in the translation of media related texts. I'm a communication specialist that can advise you on how to optimize your message and communicate more effectively with your target audience., delivering a translation that reflects the quality of the company’s products and services. I can provide sworn translations and legalization of documents to be valid in Italy or abroad, on demand.
I also provide interpreting services (consecutive interpreting) from Portuguese to Italian and viceversa.
I use professional equipment for my voice over jobs: an Electro-Voice RE27N/D microphone with internal pop filter, a standard tool in radio/television and in recording studios, and Audacity sound editor and recording software.
MAIN FIELDS OF EXPERTISE:
- GENERAL: marketing & business communication, advertising, textile & fashion, architecture, design, social sciences, economics, tourism & travel, photography, art and history, literature, thesis proofreading, sports, slang, comics, etc.
- LEGAL: agreements, contracts, privacy notices, patents, sentences, powers of attorney, calls for tenders, any kind of certificate, high school/university diplomas, driving licences, passports, etc.
- TECHNICAL/IT: quality audits, safety procedures, user manuals, training materials, business plans, security solutions, softwares, videogames, websites localization, printers, packaging, food industry, medicine, pharmaceuticals, etc.
Please note that the fields of expertise above are not comprehensive and are shown for illustrative purposes.
RATES AND CONDITIONS
My basic rate (negotiable) for professional translations depends upon:
- Target and source language
- Total word count
- Degree of technicality of terminology
- Deadlines (i.e., is this a rush job?)
(Texts of over 10,000 words: rate decreases by 10%, depending upon type of text.) A minimum charge is applied per each project.
I usually work at the pace of 2,000 source words per day on each individual project to ensure quality. If a quick deadline must be met (e.g., 3,000 words per day), the rate will increase accordingly and also depending upon the difficulty of terminology. Weekend rates do apply in certain circumstances.
I use the most up-to-date CAT tools on the market, as SDL Trados, MemoQ, Memsource and others.
I work for regular clients located in: Italy, Portugal, Brazil, USA, UK, Ireland, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Emirates, Japan, South Korea, etc. Some of my final clients are:
Easyjet, Scandinavian Airlines, Ernst&Young, Prudential, Monsanto,