Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
WHAT IS IT?
Join users, developers, trainers, staff, and tech support for Wordfast’s 5th annual user conference. The program will feature three days of Wordfast training and workshops, other software integration sessions, keynote speeches, one-to-one meetings with experts, and more. The evenings will be spent networking and celebrating Wordfast’s 20-year anniversary.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT?
The 2019 edition of Wordfast Forward will take place in Sainte-Luce, Martinique on March 21-23, 2019.
Portuguese to English (University of Leeds) Portuguese to English (DPSI, verified) Portuguese to English (National Register of Public Service Interpreters, verified) Portuguese to English (University of Salford, verified)
Qualified translator specialising in the UK public services and international development sectors. Topic areas I focus on include human rights, gender equality, maternal and child health, children's rights and immigration rights. I regularly translate annual reports, fact sheets, gender equality studies, integration studies, immigration documents, human development reports and other documentation. In the public services field, the types of texts I regularly translate include council documentation, information leaflets, brochures for local authorities and advisory services, etc. I have been providing translation services since 2009, and I would be delighted to add your project to my extensive portfolio.
Selected list of recent translation projects
• Documents and fact sheets on sexual, maternal and child health for a health centre (1,500 words, English to Romanian)
• Series of articles and opinion pieces on international affairs, politics and economy (12,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Charity survey regarding services provided to immigrants (1,000 words, English to Romanian)
• Report on the situation of orphans in Romania (4,900 words, Romanian to English)
• Report on the human rights situation in Romania (11,500 words, English to Romanian)
• Employee good practice guide - hospitality industry (10,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Infringement proceedings documents regarding environmental offences (6,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Compensation claim regarding a contract for air transportation (5,000 words, Romanian to English)
• Income tax return (3,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Personal injury claim documents (6,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Tenancy agreement (1,000 words, Portuguese to English)
• Angolan decree-law on mining rights (3,500 words, Portuguese to English)
Education, qualifications and memberships
• Postgraduate Diploma in Conference Interpreting
• Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI Law) awarded by the CIoL
• BA Hons. Translation and Interpreting Studies
English - full professional proficiency/active (A)
Portuguese - full professional proficiency/active (B)
Romanian - limited working proficiency/passive (C)
*Please note I am currently not accepting any projects.
Keywords: Portuguese to English legal translator, Romanian to English legal translator, legal translation, police document translation, court document translation, legal English translator, public service translator, international development translator, tradução portugues ingles, tradutor portugues ingles, sentences, legislation, witness statements, indictments, contracts, agreements, certificates, summons, wills, employment agreements, criminal records, international development, NGOs, MDGs, gender equality, community development, global health, disaster action, governmental and EU affairs, international relations, policies, international organisations, human rights, asylum, immigration, displacement, integration, children's rights, Introduction to Public Service Interpreting in the UK
This profile has received 239 visits in the last month, from a total of 92 visitors