Working languages: German to English Dutch to English Afrikaans to English
Kari Koonin Horticulture, agriculture & food expert
Local time: 06:24 GMT (GMT+0) Native in
Freelancer, Verified site user This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. Translation, Editing/proofreading
Specializes in: Botany Nutrition Agriculture Livestock / Animal Husbandry Food & Drink Cooking / Culinary
Also works in: Medical: Pharmaceuticals
GBP PRO-level points: 12, Questions answered: 8 Wire transfer, Check Horticulture, IT Bachelor's degree - University of Bradford Years of translation experience: 26. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2008. N/A Dutch to English (Institute of Translation and Interpreting, verified) Afrikaans to English (Institute of Translation and Interpreting, verified) German to English (University of Bradford, verified) German to English (Institute of Translation and Interpreting, verified)
ITI, Netherlands British Chamber of Commerce Food, Nutrition and Culinary Translators MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint http://www.koonintranslations.com CV available upon request Attended 9 training sessions
Kari Koonin endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1).
With more than 25 years of experience in the translation business, I understand exactly what it takes to produce a translation that will work for you or your clients.
To my translation work I bring my passion for words, language, food, animals, nature and growing things!
I translate several regular publications including the international industry journal 'In Greenhouses'.
* Horticulture (greenhouse technology, cultivation practices, plant nutrition, lighting systems, protected crops, ornamentals, irrigation etc.)
* Agriculture (bull breeding, livestock feed, livestock management systems, crop protection, animal husbandry)
* Food and cookery (agrifood, food production, recipes)
* More than 25 years' experience
* In-depth understanding of the subject matter
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Thorough research skills
* Total precision in use of English
* Committed to quality
* Passionate about learning and studying in my specialist fields
* Fellow of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
* Visiting lecturer at the University of Westminster on the MA in Specialist Translation
* Chair of ITI Professional Development Committee
* Regular speaker at translation events across the UK
Keywords: Food, agriculture, horticulture, greenhouse, technology, food production, menus, livestock, poultry, dairy farming, agricultural equipment, ornamentals, feed, feedstuffs, landbouw, agrar, tuinbouw, glastuinbouw, voedsel, voedselproductie, menukaarten, veehouderij, pluimvee, melkveehouderij, landbouwtechniek, gewassen, voeders, Lebensmittel, Landbau, Agrarübersetzungen, Gartenbau, Gewächshaustechnik, Lebensmittelherstellung, Lebensmittelproduktion, Speisekarten, Tierhaltung, Geflügel, Milchwirtschaft, Landbautechnik, Pflanzen, Futter
Profile last updated Aug 1, 2017