English to Chinese: Travel in New York General field: Bus/Financial Detailed field: Tourism & Travel
Source text - English Ranked #1 US destination for international and domestic travelers in 2009. Discover more at nycgo.com.
North of New York City, Westchester, gateway to the Hudson Valley, is easily accessible by train. Groups and individuals are welcome to stay for a day or more at our first-class hotels and enjoy our historic sites, museums, gardens, shopping, outdoor recreation, festivals and fairs.
Have dinner at a castle; enjoy "farm to table" dining; make your own wine or pick your own apples!
Enjoy art - indoors and outdoors; hike,bike, stroll gorgeous gardens; attend arts & crafts events; visit Playland Amusement Park.
Translation - Chinese 2009年由美国国内及国际游客评为美国旅游首选目的地。请登录nycgo.com，了解更多信息。
English to Chinese: Internal letter General field: Other Detailed field: Other
Source text - English We have been closely following the situation in China following the devastating 7.1 magnitude earthquake which struck Yushu of Qinghai Province on April 14. I was terribly saddened to see images of the destruction to homes and livelihoods, and particularly by the tragic loss of life caused by this disaster.
In response, Goodyear China has committed to donate RMB 400,000 through UNICEF for its ongoing earthquake relief efforts and is working closely with them on how to make the most effective use of this donation.
Immediately following the earthquake, Goodyear dealers in Qinghai Province visited local retail stores in order to provide support by donating money and goods. We thank them sincerely for their efforts.
Goodyear has, and always will be, a strong partner of local communities, and so I encourage you all to continue to apply this global tradition of our company and work together to assist in any we can.
Translation - Chinese 我们一直密切关注中国青海省玉树于4月14日发生7.1级毁灭性地震后的情况。看到被地震摧毁的家园和人们的生活，尤其是这场灾难所造成的生命损失，我感到极为痛心。
English to Chinese: Energy Upgrade California General field: Marketing Detailed field: Business/Commerce (general)
Source text - English Making your home energy-efficient is an ideal way to save energy, money and the environment. Through Energy Upgrade California, you’ll be able to fix your home energy leaks by performing multiple efficiency measures tailored to your needs. And when you perform multiple measures, you’ll save even more with program rebates and by reducing wasted energy. This program is coming fall 2010, so start preparing your home energy upgrade plan and stay tuned for more information.*
English to Chinese: Pursing Customer-Defined Quality General field: Marketing Detailed field: Marketing / Market Research
Source text - English Lifestyles change, design changes, taste changes, but does the perception of quality change?
Yes, it does. The perception of quality for automotive consumers is continuously changing. Seems just two decades ago quality might have been defined as the ability of your vehicle to transport you and your family from Point A to Point B with only a little maintenance and no breakdowns. Or, you hoped your car would start in adverse weather conditions (especially in -20°C weather), and that you wouldn’t have to resort to the many tricks you devised to get your car started after an indefinite number of cranks. And nowadays? Dare your vehicle if it does not start under any given condition, and no one gives a second thought to driving problem-free from Point A to Point B.
Quality today encompasses a much broader scope of definition than in years past. J.D. Power and Associates data shows that in 2003, 76% of customer-reported vehicle problems were related to defect/malfunctions. By 2009, that had dropped to 52%. Conversely, design- and usability-related problems have grown threefold in that same time frame (Figure 1). Quality perceptions are now far more than just the measurable failure of systems or components, and the scope is increasing every year.
今天的品质所包含的定义范围较以往年代更加广泛。JD Power and Associates的数据显示，在2003年，客户报告的车辆问题中有76%与缺陷/故障有关。到2009年，这一数字已下降至52％。相反，同一时期内与设计及可用性相关的问题增加了三倍（图1）。对品质的感知现已远远超出系统或部件的可测故障，而且其范围正在逐年扩大。
English to Chinese: Lee Kum Kee General field: Marketing Detailed field: Cooking / Culinary
Source text - English Lee Kum Kee, the world’s inventor of oyster sauce, introduces the first mushroom diced vegetarian oyster flavoured sauce in Singapore, Lee Kum Kee Golden Vegetarian Oyster Flavoured Sauce with Mushroom. The new product is expected to appeal to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike in Singapore. With diced mushrooms, the oyster sauce gives dishes greater texture and consistency with a unique natural mushroom flavour.
A healthy and natural fungus, mushrooms have been used for thousands of years both as food and for medicinal purposes. Mushrooms are becoming increasingly popular amongst food lovers for their natural flavour and health benefits. Riding on this trend, Lee Kum Kee becomes the first sauce manufacturer in Singapore to add diced mushroom in its sauce.
Containing no added monosodium glutamate (‘MSG’) and no added preservatives, Lee Kum Kee Golden Vegetarian Oyster Flavoured Sauce with Mushroom will appeal to health conscious consumers who enjoy the distinctive taste of a vegetarian oyster sauce with diced mushroom.
With its unique golden brown colour, the sauce is an appetising condiment to accompany any vegetarian dish whether stir-fried or used as a dipping sauce.
Translation - Chinese 李锦记，世界蚝油的发明者，于新加坡推介其首款香菇粒素食蚝油 -- 李锦记金黄香菇素食蚝油。该款新产品意在吸引新加坡的素食者及非素食者。该素食蚝油中加入的粒状香菇，以其独一无二的天然蘑菇风味，让菜肴更具质感，更加香醇。
English to Chinese: Cardical IG Product General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)
Source text - English When the temperature soars in the summer, ordinary window glass just can't beat the heat. Tinted glass spoils the view. LoĒ³-366 is formulated to reject solar heat while maintaining attractive visibility. So it keeps the heat out while letting light in. As a matter of fact, LoĒ³-366 glass is our ultimate in performance and clarity among all of Cardinal's clear coated products. What's more, LoĒ³-366 provides the ultimate in fading protection. It blocks 95% of the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays - a leading cause of fading (visible light also contributes to fading) - so your furniture, carpets, curtains and wall coverings stay beautiful for years. It blocks 95% of the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays - a leading cause of fading (visible light also contributes to fading) - so your furniture, carpets, curtains and wall coverings stay beautiful for years.
According to the Consumer Federation of America, the average American household spends $1,500 per year on energy costs. But energy-efficient windows can help save a bundle. In fact, you can reduce your energy bills by one-third by simply using low-emissivity glass. But not only does it make financial sense, it's smart to do in view of limited global resources. By using products that reduce energy consumption, one diminishes their environmental footprint, limiting usage of fossil fuels and lowering carbon emissions.
Translation - Chinese 夏季温度飙升时，普通窗户玻璃无法击退高温。有色玻璃则使视线不再美好。LoĒ³-366玻璃的配方旨在阻挡太阳辐射热获得的同时，仍然保持引人注目的能见度。因此，这种玻璃能在阻隔热量的同时让太阳光线得以射入。实际上，LoĒ³-366玻璃是卡迪纳尔所有透明镀膜产品中兼顾性能和透明度的终极选择。此外，这种玻璃还可提供褪色防护的极致性能。它能阻挡95％的太阳有害紫外线，而这正是褪色的主要原因（可见光也会导致褪色），因此您的家具、地毯、窗帘和墙面多年之后仍可保持美观。
English to Chinese: The 2010 Holiday Gift Guide General field: Marketing Detailed field: Marketing / Market Research
Source text - English DVD Players
DVD players and combination units account for the greatest portion of “standby” electricity consumed in your home— approximately 35%. (Standby power is the electricity used by a device when it is off or in sleep mode.) ENERGY STAR-qualified players use as little as one-fourth of the energy of standard models when they are turned off.
Fact: By choosing an ENERGY STAR-qualified desktop or laptop computer, you can reduce emissions by approximately 154 pounds of carbon dioxide a year— equivalent to not driving your car for 5 days! Plus you’ll save about $4 a year in energy costs for a laptop, $13 a year for a desktop.
ENERGY STAR-qualified printers and fax machines automatically enter a low-power mode of 15–45 watts or less after a period of inactivity. A combo printer/fax unit consumes half as much energy while idle as two stand-alone products.
Buying energy-saving surge protectors
The average household spends $60 a year to power electronics while they’re off or in standby mode. (That’s more than $11 billion annually in wasted energy costs.) Energy-saving surge protectors can help by automatically turning off the power to electronics when not in use. It’s a great gift for the person who has almost everything!
Translation - Chinese DVD播放機
DVD播放機及組合電器占據了您家中“待機”電力消耗的最大部分 -- 大約35％。（待機用電指電子器件關機或處于休眠模式時所使用的電力。）ENERGY STAR合格DVD播放機關機時的耗電量僅爲標準機型的四分之一。
Chinese to English: 产品说明 Product description General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Electronics / Elect Eng
Source text - Chinese １、专为iPod 和iPhone设计；
Translation - English 1. The product is specifically designed for iPod and iPhone;
2. Foldable plug foot makes it convenient to carry;
3. Given standard USB output, compatible with other USB charging products;
1. Non-professional personnel must not dismantle and repair this product;
2. Warranty is not provided for any damages caused by non-quality problems;
The product is a speaker which can be installed on the case. Adopting internal routing inside the case, it has saved desk space and solved the problem of constraints on wires. This is a pair of speakers with Signal to Noise Ratio ≥ 65 dB, deep and powerful bass, elegant and exquisite med-high notes, as well as extremely accurate positioning of sound fields.
Chinese to English: 雀巢公司产品说明 Nestlé's prodect discriptioin General field: Marketing Detailed field: Food & Drink
Source text - Chinese • 与精制谷物相比，全谷物具有更好的营养优势，它不仅富含膳食纤维– 这一对维持肠道健康具有重要意义的营养素，还含有丰富的抗氧化物质、蛋白质（特别是赖氨酸）、矿物质（镁、锰、磷以及硒）和维生素（烟酸、维生素B6以及维生素E）等对于当今消费者更为重要的营养成分。
Translation - English • Compared with refined grain, whole grain has better nutritional advantages. Not only is whole grain rich in dietary fibre, the nutrients of which have significant effects on intestinal health, but there are also abundant components which are more important for today's consumer. These include antioxidants, proteins, the amino acid lysine, the elements magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and selenium, as well as vitamins Niacin, B6 and E.
• According to the recommendations of Chinese Dietary Guidelines, 85g of whole-grain food per day can reduce the risks of certain chronic diseases and help control body weight.
• Nestlé is committed to processing and manufacturing whole-grain products, allowing consumers to easily obtain the nutrition of delicious and healthy whole-grains.
Bachelor's degree - Yunnan Normal University
Years of translation experience: 15. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2008.
With only 2-year English study in a Chinese normal university(1990-1992), I have passed a long journey of self-studying, teaching and translating. In 15 years' working as a translator unceasingly, an amount of over 2,000,000 words for English <-> Chinese translation has been accumulated , covering fields of marketing, food & drink, culinary, advertisement, wine, fashion, games, cosmetics, tourism, management, education, literature, entertainment, real estate, localization, etc. I started my full-time freelance career in late 2008.
In 2008 – 2009:
1. Product list of Avon
2. 2008 Annual Report of Liuzhou Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (Chinese > English)
3. Company news & brochure of Ball
4. Ad copies of Tommy Hilfiger
5. Company news of Goodyear
6. Ad copies & brochure of DKNY
7. Company profile of Pall
8. A set of Rules and regulations of various lotteries issued by China Welfare Lottery Release and Management Center (Chinese > English)
9. Ad copies & surveys of Nestle
10. Ad copies & promotion material of Chery Auto (Chinese > English)
11. News release of Christie
12. Ad copies & surveys of Evian
13. Requirements profile, safety standards and bidding material of Henkel
14. Brochure of PICC (Chinese > English)
15. Brochure of Beijing Olympic Park (Chinese > English)
16. Communication training material of Wärtsilä
17. Picture album & brochure of Wudang Mountains (Chinese > English)
18. A whole localization project of Tradecard, containing over 150,000 words, covering logistics, IT, accounting and banking, etc.
1. Company news of TDK
2. Promotion material of Haier (Chinese > English)
3. Company news of Huawei (Chinese > English)
4. Company news & discussion notes of Baidu (Chinese > English)
5. Promotion flyer of Studio Tour
6. News releases of Interfax
7. Website localization of Japan Tourism Agency
8. Ad copies of Boeing 787 (ongoing)
9. Website localization and promotion information of California Energy Commission (ongoing)
10. Website localization of Royal Caribbean International (ongoing)
11. Brochures & promotion material of Simcere Pharma (Chinese > English, ongoing)
12. Website localization, promotion information and other marketing materials of Southern California Edison (ongoing)
13. Brochures & promotion material of DIRECTV (ongoing)
14. Ad copies of Geely Auto (Chinese > English, ongoing)
15. Website translation, news release and promotion material of Wuliangye (Chinese > English, ongoing)
16. Information Memorandum of PricewaterhouseCoopers
17. Brochure of Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corp.
18. Brochures & marketing material of Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company (KPIC)
19. Hair and Scalp Manual, L’Oreal
20. News release, Martell
21. Cardinal’s Insulating Glass Product Manual
22. Brochure & promotion material of Vortex Aquatic Structures International
1. Brompton, User Manual
2. Wine production, general information (terroir, soil, climate and weather, human element, etc.)
3. Piaget, news release
4. Vancheron Constantin, website information
5. Jaeger-LeCoultre, news release
6. Patek Philippe, website information
7. EA, game translation (The Sims, Sports, Ebisu)
8. Cardinal Corp., whole website translation (www.cardinalcorp.com)
9. Accor Group, Employee Opinion Survey
10. Diageo, marketing guide manual
11. Savel, culinary brochure
12. iPad, games and promo
13. Freedom to Create, booklet/press release
14. MONTEPULCIANO D'ABRUZZO DOC, wine brochure
15. Shantytown Audio Guide, tourism program (translation/voice-over)
16. SAGE, promotion materials
17. Tupperware, flyers and promotion materials
18. WGSN, recent fashion release and information
19. Delta, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, membership benefits, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
20. Vitas Hospice, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, flyers, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
21. Hollywood Casino, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, sweepstakes, flyers, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
22. Wongtee Plaza Strategy
1. Delta, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, membership benefits, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
2. Vitas Hospice, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, flyers, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
3. Hollywood Casino, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions, sweepstakes, flyers, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
4. Scotia Bank, ongoing website updates including up-to-date promotions and bank information, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
5. Merrill Lynch, ongoing website updates including IPO information, regulations, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
6. Wallpaper*, ongoing magazine updates and website contents (highly creative translation)
7. Study USA, ongoing translation project on profiles of US colleges and universities
8. Webroot Software, ongoing website updates & IT translation (English>Traditional Chinese)
9. WorldOne, healthcare & general medical translation
10. Vertu, ongoing creative translation in tourism, dining, art and events, etc.
11. American Heart Association, ongoing medical translation of general information concerning heart conditions, diabetes, strokes and hypertension, etc. (English>Traditional Chinese)
12. BP, ongoing e-learning & training project
13. The Dubai Mall, website localization of over 60,000 words, covering marketing, fashion, food & drink, entertainment, retail and jewelry, etc. (www.thedubaimall.com)
14. Jackson Family Wines Estate, creative translation
1. Next Direct, fashion/apparel translation (English>Traditional Chinese)
2. HealthFirst NY, general medical and insurance translation (English>Traditional Chinese)
Keywords: Dedicated, committed, self-educated, detail-oriented, 15-year experience, marketing & business, tourism, advertisement, education, fashion, food & drink, cosmetics, management, games, health care, literature, finance & economics, IT (localization), medical (general)