Asker finds correct KudoZ term
Thread poster: GeorginaW (X)
GeorginaW (X)
GeorginaW (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:39
German to English
Aug 27, 2008

I have recently posted questions for the first time in KudoZ. Now I am getting mails asking me to close two of them, however the answerers didn't provide what I found to be the right term for my context: I did. So how do I put my term into the glossary? Do I have to post an answer to my own question?

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Re: Asker finds correct KudoZ term(I suppose elsewhere) Aug 27, 2008

There is an option that you can just simply close the question without grading.Then you will be offered I think four options as a kind of reasoning,one of them will be that you(the asker of the question) found the answer to your question elsewhere.And then you do not need to grade the question.The question will appear in your list of KudoZ questions as just_closed(meaning that the question has been closed without grading).

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
close question Aug 27, 2008

You simply close the question "without grading", reason : "answer found elsewhere", then you can click on the "gloss" button below your question to put your term in the glossary.

Stéphanie

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Kudoz etiquette Aug 27, 2008

As Stéphanie says, just close the question without grading. You are not obliged to give the term you actually used, but it is considered a courtesy to those who took the trouble to answer if you do so.

GeorginaW (X)
GeorginaW (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Question closed but cannot find Gloss button Aug 27, 2008

OK thanks very much all of you: I duly closed the question "Answer found elsewhere" but on returning to the word asked for, I cannot find a Gloss button except under the various answers that I didn't choose. Sorry maybe I'm being dense... It's important for the glossary so i'd like to do it.

Mauricio Zoch
Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:39
English to Turkish
+ ...
gloss button Aug 27, 2008

GeorginaW wrote:

OK thanks very much all of you: I duly closed the question "Answer found elsewhere" but on returning to the word asked for, I cannot find a Gloss button except under the various answers that I didn't choose. Sorry maybe I'm being dense... It's important for the glossary so i'd like to do it.

Hi Giorgina,

The first button is for glossary, this button list is under the summary of all answers.

Mauricio

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:39
French to English
+ ...
Add note Aug 27, 2008

I usually add a note saying why the answers weren't suitable and what I have used as well as putting the term in the glossary if appropriate. I used to use the "Add note" function (or was it "Ask the asker"?), but I'm not sure that's there any more, so I suppose you've have to put it under "Clarification" now.

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
My mistake Aug 28, 2008

Sorry, the gloss button is indeed under the summary of all answers, not under the question

Stéphanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asker finds correct KudoZ term

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »