Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Born in London of French-Austrian parents, I have been living in France for 30 years and grew up trilingual French-English-German. My international working experience in various commercial and technical fields is an essential pillar for realistic and high quality translations.
My work is fast and reliable. I can translate between 3500 and 5500 words per day, depending on the subject. I always keep deadlines and make sure that I remain available for any modifications or corrections.
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR SINCE 2003:
- PATENTS: industrial devices and processes, machines and tools, materials, etc.
- BUSINESS: company brochures; websites; marketing strategies; management strategies; various contracts and agreements; legal and financial matters; market research; fair trade.
- INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS: economic reports, guidelines, drafts, budgets (EU, FAO, UNIDO, World Bank, embassies, NGOs).
- ENVIRONMENT : water management, waste management, sustainable development, risk management, rural development.
- FOOD INDUSTRY: agriculture, agribusiness, industrial processing, quality standards, distribution channels, etc.
- TOURISM : tourist guides, brochures, web presentations, travel documents, etc.
Since 2003 FREELANCE TRANSLATOR.
*** 2003-2004 ACADOMIA, private tuition : TEACHER (8 pupils / 13 hours / week: School support in French, German, English, Philosophy, from primary to ‘A’ levels.
*** 01/2003-06/2003 « Marchés Tropicaux et Méditerranéens », weekly magazine about African economy, Paris
- WRITER : interviews and articles. Responsible for several sections (transports, Maghreb area, media, fishery). Several articles for the 3000 edition (on African politics and history).
*** 03-09/2002 CIRAD, International Centre for Agronomy and Research (France) :
- Implementation of a research project on the coffee chain in Uganda : - Survey on coffee contamination by mycotoxines and its impact on export quality.
- Setting up of Quality Standards and Pricing Policies.
*** 04/2001- 2002 LA COMMANDERIE, Guest House, 6 months / year : MANAGER, Luberon, Provence
- Setting up and running of a place for accommodation and cultural events.
*** 05-08/2000 AIRTOUR AUSTRIA, Austrian tour operator:
- TOURIST GUIDE in German (Provence): travel coordination and cultural guiding (museums, monuments, geography, etc.) for numerous groups on discovery trips.
*** 10/1997-04/2000 VOLCAFE GROUP, Swiss group specialized in processing and trading of green coffee :
OUGANDA : PURCHASING MANAGER (30 tons / day):
- Negotiating with coffee growers and dealers, controlling costs, quality and prices.
RWANDA : OPERATIONS MANAGER :
- Controlling processing operations, creation of a laboratory for quality control
- In charge of liquidating the company in Rwanda : legal and financial matters.
UGANDA : OPERATIONS & PRODUCTION MANAGER (60 tons/day)
- Control of all production activities and purchasing units (Arabicas and Robustas)
- Follow up of an organic coffee project, involving 300 local growers.
*** 05-09/1997 AUSTRIAN EMBASSY’S BUREAU FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION, Trainee (UGANDA)
- Participation in the implementation of social and economic development projects : education, water sewerage, agronomy, infrastructures, micro-credits, public service.
- Participation in writing the three-year cooperation programme.
*** 01/1995-04/1997 IPSOS Interviews, Millward Brown, Stas Marketing, Promodip: POLLSTER, South of France
- Market research : interviews, questionnaires, product testing, promotional events.
*** 06-09/1995 « Friedrich Glatz Lebensmittel GmbH », import-export company for food, AUSTRIA (Vienna):
Trainee, working on following tasks :
- Commercial letters, brand registration, quality standards, etc.
- Memorandum : analysis of the impact of EU legislation on the food sector in Austria.
2002 Doctoral Degree in Economic Development and Agribusiness, University of Montpellier, France.
1997 Master Degree in Applied Languages and International Affairs (LEA), University of Aix-en-Provence, France.
1997 Diploma in English Studies, University of Portsmouth, UK, with Erasmus.