Spanish to English - Standard rate: 0.06 EUR per word / 30 EUR per hour Catalan to English - Standard rate: 0.06 EUR per word / 30 EUR per hour French to English - Standard rate: 0.06 EUR per word / 30 EUR per hour Italian to English - Standard rate: 0.06 EUR per word / 30 EUR per hour
PhD - School of Oriental and African Studies
Years of translation experience: 14. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2006.
I currently live in Barcelona, Spain, where I work as a freelance translator.
I am a graduate in English law, having also been a language-specialist curator at the British library, London, and later at Durham University library. My cataloguing work at both libraries involved considerable amounts of professional translating (of French, Spanish, Arabic, Farsi) into English.
I have a good academic and working knowledge of English, American, Spanish, French, Italian, Swiss, EC and Islamic law. I also have considerable experience in translating contracts, licences and leases, as well as court documents and academic papers on legal topics.
College of Law of England & Wales, London
* Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, (2005).
- COMMERCIAL LAW & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- PUBLIC COMPANIES & EQUITY FINANCE
- EMPLOYMENT LAW
* Graduate Diploma in Law, (2004).
School of Oriental & African Studies, London University
* PhD – ”Sunni and Shii boundaries in Iran.“ (1999)
* MA (Distinction) – Area (Near Eastern) Studies (1991)
* BA (1st Class Honours) - Arabic & Persian studies (1990)
College of Law of England & Wales, London, UK
* Pro bono Student Legal Advisor. Apr. 2005.
The British Library, London, Sep. - Dec. 2002.
* Educational Website Researcher,
- Researching multi-media material for the Library’s learning websites.
Durham University Library, Aug. 2000 – Aug. 2001.
*Research Support Libraries Project Officer,
- Part of a team writing and editing Arabic and Farsi texts online for the American Research Libraries’ Information Network (RLIN)and for Durham University Library.
The British Library, Aug. 1999 – Aug. 2000.
* Persian-Language Curator C,
- Writing and editing Farsi texts online for the British Library.
* Casual Persian-Language Curator, Jul. 1995 – Mar. 1996.
- As above, part-time.
Keywords: Law, Contracts, Licences, Leases, Commercial Law, Intellectual Property, Industrial Property, Copyright, Trade Marks, Patents, Company Law, Employment Law, Labour Law, Labor Law, English Law, US Law, Common Law, Civil Law, Islamic Law.
Target language: British and US English.