Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to German - Standard rate: 0.12 EUR per word / 50 EUR per hour German to English - Standard rate: 0.12 EUR per word / 50 EUR per hour Spanish to English - Standard rate: 0.14 EUR per word / 70 EUR per hour Spanish to German - Standard rate: 0.14 EUR per word / 70 EUR per hour
Medical (physician letters, hospital discharge reports, surgical/autopsy reports, clinical trials, life sciences), military (U.S. Military), private security, marketing research (reports, interviews, screeners), verbatims, cooking/cuisine, transcripts, coding, medical coding
My name is Sibylle Gray and I am a freelance translator, covering various fields and languages; delivering professional translations in a timely manner is my trademark.
I grew up in and around a U.S. Military community in Germany; English and German are my native languages. I am married to a U.S. citizen (former military) and we are currently residing in Texas, USA. Besides an M.A. in translation, with additional certification in medical translation, I also have a degree in nursing and emergency medicine, therefore my specialty fields include: medicine (clinical trials, hospital discharge reports, surgical reports, physician's letters, medical records, stem cell research, oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, dentistry, pharmaceuticals, brochures, hospital websites, etc.), market research (PP presentations, interviews, etc.) and military (U.S. Military/government)/private security. I have extensive experience in translating and proofreading various text types (English, German), as well as in doing (medical) transcripts and (medical) coding.
Two years ago, I received the honors of translating a great part of a book on compression stockings.
My language combinations are:
German - English, English - German, Spanish - English, Spanish - German.
I also took 5 years of French in school, studied French at the University of Heidelberg and took 6 years of Latin in school (certificate: "Großes Latinum").
CV (shortened version)
- 1996 : graduated from a German "Gymnasuim" with the Abitur
- 1997 - 2000: nursing school (graduated in 2000 --> Staatlich examinierte Krankenschwester)
- 1998/1999: E.M.T. school (graduated in 1999 --> Rettungssanitäterin)
- 2000 - 2001: Full-time R.N.
- 2001 - 2006: studied linguistics/translation (English, Spanish, German) at the University of Heidelberg, with emphasis on medical translations and continued working as a part-time nurse
- 2004 to current: freelance translator
- 2006 : graduated from the University of Heidelberg, Institute for Translation and Interpretation (Dipl.-Übersetzerin, equivalent to M.A. in translation)
- 2007 : member of the BDÜ
- 2008: German teacher at an elementary school (part-time)
- 2008: ATA
- 2009: German teacher at an elementary school (part-time)
2004 to current:
- Medical & pharmaceutical studies; G-E, E-G
- Clinical trials; G-E, E-G
- Screeners; G-E, E-G, S-G
- Interviews; G-E, E-G
- PowerPoint presentations; G-E, E-G
- Marketing research diaries; G-E, E-G
- Book on compression stockings
- Various interviews; E & G
2004/2005: Private Security Company for U.S. Army; Germersheim, Germany
- Various military orders; E-G
2004 to current (translation):
Medical reports / physician's letter / hospital releases (neurosurgery, psychology, psychiatry, shaken baby syndrome, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, pulmology, orthopedics, cardiology, orthopedics, ophthalmology, etc.); certified translations of medical records (for court purposes); clinical trials G-E, E-G, S-E, S-G
Medical insurance claims; G-E
Various texts for hospitals’ internet presentations; G-E
CVs, letters of recommendation (certified translations), highschool diplomas (certified translations), job references (certified translations); G-E, E-G, S-G, S-E