https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/38080-urgent_s42indesigndll_error_on_export_in_sdlx_elite_2005.html

URGENT // S42InDesign.dll error on export in SDLX Elite 2005
Thread poster: Tupa
Tupa
Tupa
Finnish to English
Oct 20, 2005

Dear all,

I have the following problem when trying to export translated (Spanish and Italian) itd files back into InDesign format using SDLX 2005: during the export process, this error message is displayed: "Failed to open the OpenTag document within InDesign CS. If you created your .itd file with a pre-release verison [sic] of the InDesign filter please re-process using the latest filter (S42InDesign.dll)."

The export process is cancelled after this. However, the same
... See more
Dear all,

I have the following problem when trying to export translated (Spanish and Italian) itd files back into InDesign format using SDLX 2005: during the export process, this error message is displayed: "Failed to open the OpenTag document within InDesign CS. If you created your .itd file with a pre-release verison [sic] of the InDesign filter please re-process using the latest filter (S42InDesign.dll)."

The export process is cancelled after this. However, the same original InDesign file is translated from English into various languages, and this problem does not occur when I export the itd files translated into languages other than Spanish and Italian. Previously, I have been able to fix the problem by re-doing everything from the beginning: I update the TM with the translation, re-import the InDesign file into an itd, translate the resulting file using the updated TM, and export the translated file into InDesign format. This time, however, this does not help.

I would appreciate any help you can give me as the situation is urgent.

Thank you and best regards,
Tuomas Paasovaara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT // S42InDesign.dll error on export in SDLX Elite 2005

Translation news related to CAT tools

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »