https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/258608-unable_to_connect_to_connect_to_the_desired_tm.html

Unable to connect to connect to the desired TM
Thread poster: kostan
kostan
kostan
Austria
Local time: 11:28
German to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2013

I have windows 8.1/office 2014 installed on a new laptop and cannot get a connection to an external TM. I get the following error message:

Translator's workbench cannot connect to the following TM server: xxxxxxx:8503. (5601): Unable to obtain credentials for the desired translation memory. Contact your TRADOS system administrator.

I have tried re-installing Translator's Wrkbench, I have installed MSXML 4 SP3, my customer has tried everything - all to no avail.
... See more
I have windows 8.1/office 2014 installed on a new laptop and cannot get a connection to an external TM. I get the following error message:

Translator's workbench cannot connect to the following TM server: xxxxxxx:8503. (5601): Unable to obtain credentials for the desired translation memory. Contact your TRADOS system administrator.

I have tried re-installing Translator's Wrkbench, I have installed MSXML 4 SP3, my customer has tried everything - all to no avail.

All my other computers with windows 7/office 2010 connect with the server without any problem.

Has anybody an idea what to do? Tks in advacne for your suggestions.

P. Kostan
Collapse

Carole Pregnolato
Carole Pregnolato  Identity Verified
France
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
same here! Nov 6, 2013

I have the same problem

Did you manage to fix it ?

kostan
kostan
Austria
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Nov 6, 2013

Hi Carole
unfortunatley not. I have a comment form one of my service provideres saying the Trados 2007 does not support Windows 8.1 but that I should try to open port 8503 for ingoing and outgoing traffic as the Windows firewall might block the access. I use Kaspersky and am now looking at this alternative. Fortunately I can work on another machine, but I will get this solved one way or another.

patrick.ullr (X)
patrick.ullr (X)
Germany
German to English
Firewall settings do not work Nov 19, 2013

Even opening port 8503 in the Windows firewall does not work for us. Seems like there's no way right now to establish a TM-Sever 2007 connection using Windows 8.1. Windows 8 works though.

kostan
kostan
Austria
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately Nov 19, 2013

Nothing seems to work. The latest info I have is that Workbench is no longer supported and if it does not work on W 8.1, tough luck. Strangely enough the software itself functions without problems.

María Croxcatto
María Croxcatto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:28
English to Spanish
TM Anywhere 2007 in Windows 8.1 May 21, 2014

Has anybody found a solution to this issue? I was told Server-based TMs 2007 were not supported by Win 8.

Currently I am either connecting thru a notebook, or via a Virtual Machine with Win 7 inside my Win 8.1 system. However, this is not really practical (too slow).

If anybody knows of another solution, it would be great! Thank you!!

Adrien Lambert
Adrien Lambert  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Jun 19, 2014

I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1 and Workbench, I cannot connect to clients' online TMs. I get the same error message than you.

I tried to launch both Tag Editor and Workbench using the compatibility mode (right click the .exe files, then Properties\Compatibility\~"Launch this program with compatibility mode for" then select Windows 7) and it did not work.

I know that Windows 8 is not supported by Trados 2007, however I could install the software and it seems to work no
... See more
I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1 and Workbench, I cannot connect to clients' online TMs. I get the same error message than you.

I tried to launch both Tag Editor and Workbench using the compatibility mode (right click the .exe files, then Properties\Compatibility\~"Launch this program with compatibility mode for" then select Windows 7) and it did not work.

I know that Windows 8 is not supported by Trados 2007, however I could install the software and it seems to work normally with local TMs.

Can anyone think of a way around this problem without running a virtual machine (VirtualBox)?

Many thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to connect to connect to the desired TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »