https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/265945-updating_automated_index_in_trados.html

Updating automated index in Trados
Thread poster: kroisein
kroisein
kroisein  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:50
English to French
+ ...
Mar 13, 2014

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a pickle and I hope somebody out there can help me!

I am working on a document which has a TOC at the beginning and an index at the end. The TOC worked fine and is all good in the clean doc, however, I cannot get the Index (a list of keywords throughout the doc) to update successfully. I tried updating it by right-clicking on it etc, and with F9, but it only offers a partial list of some of the terms (which seems pretty random, why did these wor
... See more
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a pickle and I hope somebody out there can help me!

I am working on a document which has a TOC at the beginning and an index at the end. The TOC worked fine and is all good in the clean doc, however, I cannot get the Index (a list of keywords throughout the doc) to update successfully. I tried updating it by right-clicking on it etc, and with F9, but it only offers a partial list of some of the terms (which seems pretty random, why did these work and others didn't?), and I cannot get it right.

In the Editor, the keywords and phrases that are supposed to be in the final index present as:

“CONVENTIONS:Voting

Does the " play a crucial role in generating the index maybe?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a bit of a rookie dilemma!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating automated index in Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »