German to English
| Languageman |
On a mission to save the word
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50 BST (GMT+1)
Native in: English
| || |
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Training|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Computers (general)|
|Marketing / Market Research||IT (Information Technology)|
|Engineering (general)||Energy / Power Generation|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||Computers: Software|
|Computers: Hardware||Automation & Robotics|
|Also works in:|
|Astronomy & Space||Nuclear Eng/Sci|
|Paper / Paper Manufacturing||Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)|
|Sports / Fitness / Recreation||Telecom(munications)|
|Tourism & Travel||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Wine / Oenology / Viticulture||Music|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||Aerospace / Aviation / Space|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||Engineering: Industrial|
|Environment & Ecology||Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||Geography|
| PRO-level points: 540, Questions answered: 322, Questions asked: 291 |
|Years of translation experience: 12. Registered at ProZ.com: Apr 2005.|
|German to English (The University of Leeds: MEng)|
German to English (Institute of Translation and Interpreting)
|Institute of Electrical Engineers, UK|
|Catalyst, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Alchemy Publisher, Mac OS-X, Windows 2000/XP, Linux, Microsoft Office, Will acquire other CAT tools etc. as required, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordfast|
|Detailed CV will be provided upon request|
| Languageman endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.0). |
On a mission to save the word
Stephen Powley MEng MITI MIET MINCOSE
Consulting Engineer with 8 Years' Translation Experience.
Expert translations, always knowledgeably researched.
• Fluent German speaker with technical translation experience (engineering documents, marketing texts, software manuals and user interfaces).
• International experience with direct contact to corporate partners and the public, using written and spoken German for project-critical discussions and documentation.
• Excellent English language skills supported by technical writing/proofreading experience and published magazine articles.
• Up-to-date specialist language knowledge and established professional and personal connections in Germany.
• MEng (Distinction) Electronic and Computer Engineering, with a year studying at Üniversität Dortmund, Germany.
• Advanced computer user with over 7 years' commercial software and systems development experience in the automotive industry.
• Expert MS Office user and C-programmer, conversant with HTML and web design.
• Experienced in problem solving using creative and structured techniques.
E-mail Help me please, Languageman!
Translation, Editing, Technical Writing, Proofreading, Interpreting
Examples of Work
75,000+ words: supplier specifications for a major German automotive manufacturer.
35,000 words: various data sheets for a major paint manufacturer.
17,000 word invitation to tender, with supporting technical documents, for supply of axle mount components to a major German automotive supplier.
10,000 word technical report on finite element analysis for a leading energy supplier, plus six
days working as an on site translator and interpreter in Germany (approx. 6,000 words written).
9,000 word invitation to tender for supply of a robotic car painting installation for a major German automotive supplier.
8,000 word website translation for a major European waste management services provider
7,000 word website translation for a major Austrian wind energy provider.
Computer Systems and Software
PC (Windows 7/Windows XP) running MS Office, MemoQ 6.2, SDL Trados 2006/Trados 7, Open Office. Will consider use of other software as required.
Keywords: Languageman, German, English, Automotive, Electronic, IT, PC, Computers, Software, Systems, Requirements, Engineering, Expert, Manuals, Documentation, Proofreading, Technical Writing, Office, Wordfast, uptodate, up-to-date, Trados, MemoQ, Deutsch, Englisch, Übersetzung, Elektronik, Master of Engineering, MEng, Qualified, Experienced, Software Engineer, Ingenieur, Ingenieurwesen, aktuell
Profile last updated
Aug 19, 2014