Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
German to English (The University of Leeds: MEng) German to English (Institute of Translation and Interpreting)
Institute of Electrical Engineers, UK
Catalyst, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Alchemy Publisher, Mac OS-X, Windows 2000/XP, Linux, Microsoft Office, Will acquire other CAT tools etc. as required, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordfast
• Fluent German speaker with technical translation experience (engineering documents, marketing texts, software manuals and user interfaces).
• International experience with direct contact to corporate partners and the public, using written and spoken German for project-critical discussions and documentation.
• Excellent English language skills supported by technical writing/proofreading experience and published magazine articles.
• Up-to-date specialist language knowledge and established professional and personal connections in Germany.
• MEng (Distinction) Electronic and Computer Engineering, with a year studying at Üniversität Dortmund, Germany.
• Advanced computer user with over 7 years' commercial software and systems development experience in the automotive industry.
• Expert MS Office user and C-programmer, conversant with HTML and web design.
• Experienced in problem solving using creative and structured techniques.
Translation, Editing, Technical Writing, Proofreading, Interpreting Examples of Work
75,000+ words: supplier specifications for a major German automotive manufacturer.
35,000 words: various data sheets for a major paint manufacturer.
17,000 word invitation to tender, with supporting technical documents, for supply of axle mount components to a major German automotive supplier.
10,000 word technical report on finite element analysis for a leading energy supplier, plus six
days working as an on site translator and interpreter in Germany (approx. 6,000 words written).
9,000 word invitation to tender for supply of a robotic car painting installation for a major German automotive supplier.
8,000 word website translation for a major European waste management services provider
7,000 word website translation for a major Austrian wind energy provider.
Computer Systems and Software
PC (Windows 7/Windows XP) running MS Office, MemoQ 6.2, SDL Trados 2006/Trados 7, Open Office. Will consider use of other software as required.