Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
My main working language pairs are English-Finnish, Italian-Finnish and Finnish-Italian
- I have collaborated with the following translation agencies and companies:
Lingua Mundi, Pordenone, Italy
Eurologos, Triest, Italy
Illuminis, Bologna, Italy
Promoest, Milan, Italy
B2win, Rome, Italy
Delingua, Helsinki, Finland
Multipoint Oy, Tampere, Finland
Soror Language Services, South-Africa
ASUD- Archivio di Stato di Udine, Italy
Omnilingua Ltd, Surrey, UK
Aspena s.r.a, Brno, Czech Republic
KJ International, Minneapolis, USA
Aatranslations, London, UK
ESN-European Service Network, Brussels, Belgium
Jaitranslations, Pondicherry, India
Softlingua, New Delhi, India
Inlingua, Ancona, Italy
Globe Traduzioni, Perugia, Italy
Wordlink Srl, Desenzano del Garda, Italy
Dynamo, Piccola cooperativa, Udine, Italy
Salli Systems, Rautalampi, Finland
Mangio Ky, Kaarina, Finland
These projects have provided me expertise in translating and proofreading
- technical documents from English into Finnish (i.e. professional refridgerator and freezer-manual for Electrolux).
- Manuals and instruction sheets of mechanical engineering field from English into Finnish (lifting equipment) and from Italian into Finnish (industrial machines for Romaco S.r.l)
- texts from automotive and mechanical field (a massive project of car testing terminology)
- pharmaceutical and general medical documents from English to Finnish (i.e.manual of psychological tests for Johnson & Johnson, manual of neurostimulation for ANS- Advanced Neuromodulation Systems and Tyco Valleylab, manual of surgical catheters for Biosense Webster, orthopaedic user's guide for Smith&Nephew, manual of biopsy needle for Bioservice).
- chemistry-related pharmaceutical instructions and marketing authorisations (from Finnish into English for Orion Pharma and Pharmascope).
- multimedia technology related user's guides from English into Finnish (LCD-TV)
- business development-related and promotional web-sites from English into Finnish
- EU-related texts such as updating the EC-Enlargement website from English into Finnish and translating an EU Life-project from Finnish into English.
- general texts (i.e. Fair trade and responsible tourism-related project for an italian fair trade organisation).
- promotional sheets and research studies in ergonomics-related field for the finnish ergonomic chair- manufacturer Salli Systems and ergonomic and techncal user's guides for Britax and Fisher Price (from English to Finnish and from Finnish to English)
- Wine and oenology-related promotional and technical material (from Italian into Finnish for a finnish company Mangio Ky).
Wine and oenology are among my great interests, I am a member os the Italian Association of Sommeliers, AIS, and I have worked as a tourist-guide in wineries. This experience has provided me an in-depth knowledge of wine bound terminology especially in Italian and in Finnish.
My thesis was based on a translation of an audiovisual text, during my thesis work, in fact, I have gained wide knowledge in subtitling strategies and history as well as in linguistic analysis.
-I speak Finnish as a mothertongue. In 2005 I acquired BA-degree in translation and interpretation in the SSLMIT (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) of University of Triest in Italy. Due to this degree my language skills in Finnish, Italian, English and French are solid and certified. My daily output varies from 1500 to 3000 words depending on the difficulty and the area of specialization of the text