16.2.2008 - present
- Translation (technical field): French into English, 4 853 words;
- Translation (bank related documents: audit report, procedures on card production, check collection, E-commerce and imprinters): Romanian into English, 19 257 words;
16.10.2006 - 15.2.2008
IN-HOUSE TRANSLATOR at the European Commission, Directorate-General for Translation, in Luxembourg, in the Romanian Unit
Working languages: EN, FR, IT > RO
My work consisted in translating, revising and proofreading internal and freelance translations, as well as in performing terminological research for the improvement of the internal terminological databases.
I have been working on over 2 000 standard pages so far. (1 st. page = 1.500 characters without spaces)
Unit 2 deals with translations coming from the following Commission Directorate-General requesters:
* AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT
* FISHERIES & MARITIME AFFAIRS
* ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL AFFAIRS
* INTERNAL MARKET & SERVICES
* TAXATION & CUSTOMS UNION
* INFORMATION SOCIETY & MEDIA
* JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE
* TRANSPORT & ENERGY.
Mainly, I translated press releases (communications) and legal documents such as Regulations, Decisions, Opinions etc. of the Commission or other European institutions and bodies in the above mentioned fields.
Freelance Translator (S.C. CET CENTRAL EUROPEAN TRANSLATIONS S.R.L, Bucharest).
EN, FR >< RO
Translation of 500 standard pages (Legal, Commercial, Technical documents)
Freelance Translator (S.C. ROSIA MONTANA GOLD CORPORATION S.A., Roşia Montana)
EN >< RO
Translation of 500 standard pages (Mining related public meeting transcripts, internal documents, revision of documents translated by other translators)
In-house Translator (S.C. ARENA CITY CENTER S.R.L., Bacău)
EN, FR, IT > RO)
2004 – 2006
In-house Translator (S.C. SPEDITION UMB S.R.L., Bacău)
EN, FR, IT >