Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
NOTE ON RATES: Rates include translation, editing by another qualified translator/editor and a final proofreading/quality control. Rates are negotiable up or down depending on the requirements of the text and the purpose of the document. In case of disputes, I will provide up to 2 revisions. I am a translator specializing in medical and pharmaceutical translations as well as marketing/PR materials for pharmaceutical and medical device companies as well as other industries. I also work with a team of experienced translators. Our goal is to provide the best possible service for your needs.
– patient records
– SPCs / PILs / labels
– medical equipment
– medical/pharmaceutical marketing, PR and education, including websites
– clinical trial documents
– medical and pharmaceutical journal articles
– pharmaceutical/chemical patents
– phytomedicine, phytotherapy, phytopharmaceuticals
– SOPs for manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices
Additional translation experience in:
– mechanical patents
– user manuals
Linguistic project manager (experience in medical translation projects and in “rare” language projects, including search and project management through the entire translation and quality check process).
Special interests within the fields of medicine, pharmaceuticals and the sciences:
Medical anthropology, lactic acid fermentation (microbiology), human nutrition, lipid science, permaculture, biointensive agriculture, phytotherapy, phytopharmacology, pharmacognosy, preventive medicine
Other special interests:
Traditional methods of textile production (hand weaving, hand looms, hand spinning), history of textile production. I also practice these crafts myself.
TYPICAL FREELANCE PROJECTS:
The following is a list of typical projects completed within the last few years.
- Informed consent forms and related materials for clinical trials of various pharmaceutical products, various clients [German/French/Italian > US English]
- Translations and updates of package inserts and SPCs for pharmaceutical companies. [German/French/Italian > US English]
- Medical records/doctor’s notes for individuals. [German/French/Italian > US English]
- Chemical/pharmaceutical patents and SOPs for law suits, research and internal use of companies [German/French > US English]
- Information on orthopedic implants (surgical information and instructions, manufacturing documents (SOPs), patient information) [German/French > English]
- Translation of monographs from the German Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia [German > US English]
- Journal articles from German, French and Italian into US English such as:
The physiological mechanism of the insulin-independent blood glucose lowering activity of glimepiride (Der physiologische Mechanismus der insulinabhängigen Blutzuckersenkungsaktivität von Glimepirid, Med Welt 5 / 2002), [German > English]
The smallpox vaccination strain MVA: marker, genetic structure, experience gained with the parenteral vaccination and behavior in organisms with a debilitated defense mechanism (Der Pockenimpfstamm MVA: Marker, genetische Struktur, Erfahrungen mit der parenteralen Schutzimpfung und Verhalten im abwehrgewächten Organismus, Zbl. Bakt. Hyg., I. Abt. Orig. B 167, 375-390 (1978)), [German > English]
Susceptibility of Pseudomas aeruginosa to amikacin and isepamicin in surgery and intensive care (Sensibilité de Pseudomonas aeruginosa à l'amikacine et à l'isépamicine en chirurgie et en réanimation, Path Biol 1997, 45, no. 9, 771-775) [French > English]
Medical anthropology, lactic acid fermentation (microbiology), human nutrition, lipid science, permaculture, biointensive agriculture, phytotherapy, phytopharmacology
TYPICAL LINGUISTIC MANAGEMENT PROJECTS:
- Organized the translation and editing of medical reports on patients for a large medical study while working with a medical translation agency over the past 2 years (2004 – 2005). This included obtaining the services of other medical translators and checking their work for quality.
- In 2001, worked with an agency to find translations for over 100 "rare" languages for the "Word Search" project published in the New York Times October 2001, sponsored by Deutsche Bank. Languages included hard-to-find African, Polynesian and Native American languages.
- Project management of translations of letters, educational materials and health related documents into and from languages such as Ibo, Hausa, Fulani, Samoan, and Illocano.
- Windows 7
- MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Open Office.org
- Fluency (compatible with Trados)
- HTML editors
- OCR software
Keywords: medical, pharmaceutical, consent forms, package inserts, patient records, journal articles, medical studies, clinical trials, patents, healthcare, alternative medicine, homeopathy, IVD, in-vitro devices, orthopedic implants, monographs, SOP, Standard Operating Procedures, SPC, Summary of Product Characteristics, medical anthropology, fermentation, microbiology, human nutrition, lipid science, permaculture, biointensive agriculture, phytotherapy, phytopharmacology, phytopharmaceuticals, phytomedicine, herbal
This profile has received 11 visits in the last month, from a total of 10 visitors