Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Professional translator, editor, proofreader and copy validator with a university degree in translation (Diplom-Übersetzer, awarded by Universität Leipzig).
Many years of professional experience as a full-time in-house translator and project manager.
Overseas experience in New Zealand and Belgium.
Enjoys translation, transcreation, word plays and language in general.
Specialisation in sports
- Football (soccer): translation of match reports (incl. from World Cups and EURO), background stories, player profiles, interviews with players/coaches, tactic reports, stadium guides and technical documents (e.g. advanced match analytics or in-depth technical reports);
- Biathlon: translation of race previews, race reviews, athlete
profiles, magazine articles as well as administrative and regulatory documents;
- Motor sports: localisation of video content and subtitles of session reports, race highlights, driver quotes, etc.;
- Cycling (road bike): translation of race and rider reports, product catalogues (apparel and accessories), and regulatory documents for cycling governing bodies;
- Powerlifting: translation of rule book, anti-doping rules, constitution and by-laws and similar documents for governing bodies;
- Olympics: translation of background stories, event reviews, app content etc. in connection with the Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games;
- Sailing: translation of social media posts, press releases and website articles for a European pro sailing team;
- Other sports: product-related texts for leading sports nutrition brands
Other fields of expertise and interest: - Social Media; - Digitisation / New Technology; - Marketing / Advertising (Transcreation); - Corporate Communications; - Travel / Tourism; - Food & Drinks; - Contracts and certain legal documents (certificates etc.); - Good causes (volunteer translator for TWB)
Sworn/certified translator for English, French and German, appointed by the Oberlandesgericht (Higher Regional Court) Dresden
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.