Translation - English (Confidentiality)
1. Except where approved of by a disclosing party in writing, neither A nor B may use the following information or know-how of the other party that could become known in the course of performance hereof (excluding information that has been publicly known before A or B comes to know the same, and hereinafter referred to as “Confidential Information”) for the purposes other than those of the Operations. Alternatively, neither A nor B may disclose or leak the same to a third party or grant a third party a license for the same.
(1) Managerial, technical, and trade information of the other party
(2) Technical and trade know-how of the other party
2. When A or B discloses Confidential Information to a third party or grants a third party a license therefor after obtaining the approval of the disclosing party under the previous Clause, or when B consigns a whole or a part of the Operations or provides a contract regarding a whole or a part of the Operations to a third party in accordance with the provisions of Article 20, A or B must also cause such third party to comply with the confidentiality obligations regulated under this Article.
3. The provisions of this Article shall remain valid after the end hereof.
(Termination Hereof, etc.)
1. In case that one of the following Items corresponds to the other party, A or B may immediately terminate a whole or a part of this Agreement and individual agreements without giving any notice.
(1) In the case of receipt of dispositions for cancellation or suspension of business from regulatory authorities
(2) In case that A or B falls into a state of suspension of payment or insolvency, or in the case of receipt of warning or decisions of dishonor from a clearinghouse
(3) In the case of receipt of allegation concerning attachment, provisional attachment, provisional disposition, coercive execution, or auction
(4) In the case of receipt of allegation of bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, or special liquidation, or in case that A or B alleges the same itself
(5) In the case of resolution of dissolution
(6) In addition to each previous Item, in case that remarkable credit deterioration takes place, or in case that it is recognized by A that there is a likelihood thereof
2. In case that the other party violates provisions hereof or individual agreements, if such violation is not corrected despite the fact that a notice has been given with a reasonable period, A or B may terminate a whole or a part hereof and of individual agreements.
English to Japanese: Japanese into English (Legal) General field: Law/Patents Detailed field: Law: Contract(s)
Source text - English Limitation of Liability
Buyer’s sole remedy in respect of any defective products shall be to secure repair or
Replacement thereof. In no event shall Seller be liable for penalties or liquidated damages or for special, indirect or consequential damages, including loss of use, production or profits, labor and material expended, damage to work pieces, or other loss or expense incurred by Buyer, attributed to a defective product or to delay in delivery of any product sold hereunder. In no event shall Seller’s liability exceed the purchase price paid for any defective product.
Seller shall not be responsible for delay in delivery due to any cause beyond Seller’s
Reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of Buyer, embargo,
Rescheduling due to priorities or other governmental acts, regulations or requests, fire, accident, strike, slowdown, war, riot, delay in transportation and in the event of such Delay the delivery schedule shall be extended for the time lost by reason of the delay.
Safety and Indemnification
Buyer shall use and require its employees to use and follow all guards, safety devices and operating instructions provided with the product, Seller shall have no responsibility
Where such guards, safety devices or instructions have been altered or removed, or
Where the product has been modified, repaired or rebuilt with parts other than those supplied by Seller, and Buyer shall indemnify and save Seller harmless from any liability or obligation incurred by Seller by reason thereof.
Translation - Japanese 責任の限界
I am a Tokyo-based translator about Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese legal and business translation. I have specialized in legal translation for over ten years, and I work with an experienced native English editor and proofreader.
I have studied the legal system itself as well as the English language, and my primary focus is legal translation. CV, work history, translation samples, and a magazine article in which I was featured as a translator are available upon request.
My rates for legal translation are generally as follows.
English to Japanese: starting at $USD 0.12 per word in source language
Japanese to English: starting at $USD 0.18 per word in target language
(native check included)
I am flexible and motivated, and my rates are always negotiable based on need.
Thank you for visiting my profile!
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.