I am a native Dutch speaker, translator, editor, and teacher. I have eleven years of experience in the translation field, but have worked as a language expert for much longer. I have a Master's Degree in Dutch language and am ATA certified from English into Dutch. I work as a grader for the American Translators Association's certification process as well.
I have edited dozens of academic texts for the University of Antwerp and the University of Groningen, and worked as a translator and proofreader in the Netherlands for the first two years. After moving to the United States, I picked up where I left off. Right now, I have about eleven years of translating experience. I am well set up, and because of my history as a teacher I am experienced in working under pressure but at the same time maintaining accuracy. Areas of specialization range from cultural texts to manuals, software localization, press releases with tight deadlines and market research texts.
I back up my projects with a Master's Degree in Dutch language, culture and literature plus a teaching certificate at university level. I have worked for the University of Antwerp and I have taught Dutch as a second language to PhD students at the University of Groningen. I have taught writing at several high schools, and have edited several published books, including a highly regarded biography written by a Belgian professor (ISBN 9055442690).
UPDATED: Recent and current projects
• External Dutch specialist and translator for the localization team of one of the largest cloud storage providers worldwide
• Dutch localization specialist for one of the world’s largest media management software providers
• Dutch localization specialist for the translation team of one of the world's largest e-reader software and hardware producers
• Dutch localization specialist for CEB, Inc., a best practice insight and technology company
• Dutch localization specialist for GoDaddy, an Internet domain registrar and web hosting company
• Editor on the Dutch translation team for BCD Travel, a corporate business travel management company
• Preferred translator for dozens of apps, including Shazam, Tinder, Rocketlife, Playdots, Superfly, and Attendify
• Dutch localization specialist for Pipedrive, a CRM and pipeline management tool
• Dutch transcreation specialist for a major US toy manufacturer
• Dutch localization specialist for a major provider of online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and integrated grant management solutions
• 100,000 word localization for Aqua Data Studio, productivity software for database developers, DBAs, and analysts
• 100,000 word localization of telecommunication software for NEC UNIVERGE 3C
• Writer and editor of the updated Dutch Trivial Pursuit questions
• Part of the Dutch localization team for Tesla, an American producer of electric cars
• 100,000 word UPS manuals and shipping software
• 17,000 word subtitling project for Philips lighting commercials
• 30,000 word website translation for Xango, a direct sales company
• 30,000 word localization of digital pipe inspection software and manuals
• 85,000 word editing project of a Psychology dissertation for a PhD student
• 60,000 word editing project of course names for the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht in the Netherlands
Currently, I almost exclusively work from English into Dutch. A majority of my clients are translation agencies. Despite stringent QA procedures, tight deadlines, challenging projects and demanding end clients, my regular clients have been extremely satisfied with my work for more than eleven years now. Contact me for references; I would be happy to provide these.
Proven experience makes a difference. Contact me for more information.