Kenji Watanabe Professional Japanese-to-English Translator Since 1999 Vancouver, Canada
Kenji Watanabe is a Professional Japanese-to-English Translator working on a freelance basis since 1999.
Born and educated in North America and a bilingual Japanese speaker since birth, he has produced translations for many of the world’s leading Japanese and international brands, corporations, and organizations.
Prior to establishing his freelance business, he gained broad exposure to Japanese business through eight years of employment with Japanese firms in Canada and Japan, starting from 1990. This experience included six years in Japan (1992-1998) working both in sales and international trade, where his duties included business translation and interpretation.
Kenji is based in North Vancouver, Canada. When he isn't spending time with his wife, two daughters, and cat, Kenji can be found biking and running in the mountains and trails around Vancouver.
• Full-time freelance translation for agencies and direct clients in Japan, US and Europe. Also interpretation, translation checking, proofreading, and rewriting. (1999-Present)
• Eight years of experience in business translation and interpretation while employed for Japanese firms in Canada and Japan. (1990-1998)
• Native English speaker, completed all compulsory and post-secondary education in North America. Japanese speaker since birth.
• Specialization: Corporate communications, science and academic communications, research papers, IR/finance, market research, CSR and environment, information security, legal, and IT.
• End Clients: Global and international brands, companies, and organizations.
A small sampling of the projects I have worked on over the last 15+ years.
• Environment: Corporate environmental/CSR reports, public safety & health regulations
• Corporate: Investor relations, business contracts, internal policy, planning documents, proposals, presentations, in-house newsletters
• IT: Hardware/software specifications, user manuals, service/troubleshooting manuals
• Market Research: Consumer surveys and analysis
• Website: Corporate PR, investor relations, products/services, customer support, privacy/information security
• Public sector/education: White papers, government reports, academic papers, presentations
• Corporate training: Employee training manuals, information security guidelines
• Other: Brochures, catalogs, video narration, speeches, immigration documents
• Automotive: Owner surveys, industry research/analysis, production manuals, QC standards, environmental guidelines, PR/marketing