Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a professional and proficient freelance translator, working from Arabic > English and specialising in legal and business translation.
Having lived in the Middle East and attended Arabic speaking schools, I am bilingual and have mother tongue knowledge of both languages, as well as familiarity with numerous Arabic dialects. During my degree I undertook modules in Arabic Language, as well as studies in Middle Eastern history and politics, therefore, possess a strong understanding of the region’s culture.
- Translating various court documents for all levels of court actions, including; initial pleadings, appeals, memoranda and witness statements. Recent clients include the International Criminal Court, international law firms and multinational companies.
- Translating various types of commercial contracts; including constructions and development projects, loan agreements and insurance policies, as well as, company reports and a diverse range of other banking and finance documents.
- Translating sections of Arabic legal academic textbooks.
- Translating Middle Eastern and international statutes.
- The College of Law, Chester, 2007 - 2008
Legal Practice Course, DISTINCTION
-The College of Law, Chester, 2006 - 2007
Graduate Diploma in Law, COMMENDATION
-The University of Manchester, 1999 - 2002
BA (Hons) Literary Studies and Languages (Arabic), FIRST
Included modules in Aural and Media Arabic.
- Through legal studies and work as a UK qualified Paralegal I have developed extensive knowledge of legal terminology relating to Commercial Law, Real Estate, Company Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
- Strong communication and client care skills developed through a varied work experience, which involved tailoring a professional service to meet the individual needs of each client in legal and social welfare settings.
- Sound analytical and research skills furthered during my legal training, which required the ability to provide comprehensive solutions to client needs in clear and easily understood terms.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.