Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
• Diploma in Public Service Interpreting [DPSI, Law], Chartered Institute of Linguists (Sep 2014- Jun 2015)
• Level 3 Community Interpreting Course, The City of Liverpool College (Feb - Jun 2014)
• Master of Arts in Science Fiction Studies, University of Liverpool (Sep 2008 – Dec 2009)
• Professional Development Certificate: Astronomy – The Science of Science Fiction, John Moores University (Mar 2007 – Jul 2007)
• I.E.LT.S. (Academic, Level 8), The University of Liverpool, (Jul 2007)
• E.C.D.L. Certificate, Liverpool City Council- Adult Learning Service (Sep 2006 – Jul 2007)
• Anthropology Degree (Licenciatura), Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (Oct 1996 – Feb 2002)
• Geology Engineering Degree (general modules attended), Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculty of Sciences & Technology (Oct 1991 – Jun 1996)
I currently work as freelance Portuguese/English interpreter (face-to-face, telephone; NHS, ATOS, social services, local authority, housing, probation office, and secure unit environments). I am qualified to DPSI level (Law pathway).
I also provide translation and proofreading services.
My main areas of work/interest are science, ecology/environment, anthropology, current affairs, marketing, human rights, politics, creative writing and science fiction, museums, astronomy and archaeology - articles, essays, magazines, blogs.
Keywords: anthropology translation, archaeology translation, article translation, arts translation, arts & crafts translation, astronomy & space translation, audio-visual translation, automotive translation, bilingual, biology translation, botany translation, blog translation, books, cinema, cooking, creative writing, culinary, culture, current affairs, development, DPSI Law, ecology, English to Portuguese translation, environment, food & drink translation, English & Portuguese interpreting, face-to-face interpreting, freelance translation, geography translation, geology translation, government, Global Voices, hidrology translation, history translation, humanities translation, human rights, internet, freelance interpreter, interpreting, libraries, life sciences translation, literature translation, medical interpreting, medical translation, mineralogy translation, minerals, museums, NHS interpreting, nutrition, painting, paleontology translation, photography translation, phone interpreting, politics, Portuguese & English translation, Portuguese & English Interpreting, qualified interpreter, science translation, science-fiction translation, social sciences translation, social services interpreting, symbolism, translation, translating, translator, tourism & travel, TV, zoology translation