Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
Source: English Target: Spanish
Fields of expertise:
Engineering, Energy, Machinery and Tools
The assignments in these fields are very challenging because of the highly technical nature of the documents and the engineering/technical background required. Some of the most important projects are:
• Several product catalogs and brochures for a Wisconsin based manufacturer, global leader manufacturer of high pressure hydraulics devices like pumps, jacks, cylinders, pullers, lifting equipment, bolting solutions, etc.
• Many press releases featuring new product launches of a well-known Pennsylvania based manufacturer of hand tools like pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, nutdrivers, etc.
• Several user manuals and/or installation manuals for industrial and building products like heat tracers and floor heating mats for a global industry leader with headquarters in Bermuda. Also for this manufacturer, several brochures on fire-rated industrial products.
• Descriptions, packages, labels and safety sheets for automotive tools, devices and products like portable power systems, power inverters, jump starters, battery chargers/mantainers, air purifiers/ionizers, waxers/polishers, windshield washers, etc., for a well-known Illinois based manufacturer.
• Thousands of pages of installation manuals, erection procedures, site test procedures, safety guidelines, user manuals, maintenance manuals, etc., for turbine generators as well as its cooling and lubrication systems. These manuals are being used by operators in electricity generation plants in several Latin American countries, including Argentina, Dominican Republic and Mexico.
• User and maintenance manuals for seawater open rack vaporizers, used in the gas supplying and petrochemical industries.
• Many Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical and consumer products.
• Training manuals for highly specialized machines used in the food and beverage industries, like destrappers and unwrappers, for a reputed Illinois based manufacturer.
• Software localization of a robotized manufacturing process used in a vehicle manufacturing plant in Spain.
• User manuals for several other industrial applications and products like industrial sewing machines, water pumps, tunnel boring machine, etc.
Consumer Electronics and Products
I have vast experience translating user manuals, brochures, catalogs and many other documents for products like high-definition LCD TVs, digital camcorders and Blu-ray playes. In many cases, translation also involves software localization and on-screen displays. The manufacturers of these products, which currently are staples in any American home, are well-known Japanese companies.
• LCD HDTVs and Blu-Ray players - For more than 4 years I've been in charge of new translation and/or updating of user manuals, on-screen instructions and other documentation for high-definition television sets and players, for a leader Japanese manufacturer, considered among the big three in its field. To the date, I can count more than 20 different HDTV and/or Blu-ray players. Use of SDL Trados it's common in these projects.
• More than 10 issues of the newsletter from one of the global leaders in consumer optics products. These are translations requiring a style which combines technical knowledge about the products (binoculars, scopes, rangefinders, etc.) with marketing and sales promotion.
• Digital Camcorders - Ongoing translations on regular basis of user manuals for several camcorder models as well as accessories like waterproof cases. The projects usually involve software localization and use of SDL Trados.
• User manuals for digital cameras accessories like lens, flashes, eyepieces and many others.
• Many other user manuals, catalogs, safety information, etc., for products like printers, copy machines, blood pressure monitors, digital theater systems and iPod speakers.
Since 2004 I've been working on a regular basis for a leader news and press releases distribution service. During these years I've translated 1000+ press releases on a myriad of topics. Some of the most repetitive fields of these press releases are:
• Healthcare - My experience in this field covers new drugs information, clinical trials results, health coverage and insurance plans, smoking cessation programs, medical devices features, prevention and treatment of diseases like cancer, diabetes and psoriasis, etc.
• Social Issues and Politics - Many press releases from companies and organizations (non-profit, grassroots, Latin, professional, etc.), touching issues like diversity, community activities and involvement, education, events and many others, intended to the growing Hispanic population of the USA. Highlights in this field are the translation of several speeches delivered for prominent political figures at both the Democratic and Republican 2008 Conventions.
• Tourism, Travel and Hospitality - Press releases from hotel chains, cruises companies, airlines, rental car companies, travel web sites, theme parks, etc., about travel, vacations, packages and many other offers and/or services.
Keywords: water, software, localization, video games, press releases, mechanical engineering, hydraulics, electricity, valves, irrigation, drainage, agriculture, environment, turbines, transformers, ecology, environment, machinery, geography, meteorology, hurricanes, sprinklers, user manuals, catalogs, English to Spanish,