Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Career Affiliate member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation Preparation course completed
Periods of residence in Peru
Native British English speaker
I am a Spanish to English translator specialising in the production of high quality scientific and technical translations. As a graduate in Engineering and Environmental Science I am highly knowledgeable in the scientific and technical fields in which I specialise. Furthermore, the large volume of technical and scientific documents I was required to read and produce to successfully achieve these qualifications means I am well versed in the rigours of producing accurate and professional documents of this type.
As a Career Affiliate member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, operating under their Code of Conduct, you can be assured that your translation project will be completed to the highest of professional standards.
Through my formal university education and periods of residence in Peru I have developed a high level of fluency in Spanish which encompasses not only general language but also the more specialised language used in scientific and technical texts. My language skills and knowledge in specialist fields are kept up-to-date through extensive reading of relevant general, scientific and technical publications in both Spanish and English. My completion of the Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation Preparation course along with the successful achievement of the technology semi-specialised unit, means you can be confident that I have developed the necessary skills to produce a high quality, accurate translation of your documents.
For a summary of my main skills, qualifications and experience please read on. Alternatively you can download a copy of my CV using the link above. If you require more details about myself and the services I offer, or would like a no-obligation quote for your project please feel free to contact me using my details on the 'Contact' tab.
Mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, renewable energy systems, green technology, sustainable construction, thermodynamics, power train engineering, stress analysis, materials engineering, manufacturing techniques, aerodynamics, automotive electronics
• Technical reports
• Installation and maintenance manuals
• User manuals
• Environmental Impact Assessments
• Academic publications
• Text books
University Education and Qualifications
• Master of Science Renewable Energy Systems Technology – Loughborough University, UK • Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Engineering – Open University
• Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation Preparation Course – City University, London
• Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation - Technology semi-specialised unit passed
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Open) (Spanish and Environmental Sciences) – Open University
• Bachelor of Engineering in Automotive Engineering – Oxford Brookes University
Periods of Residence in Spanish Speaking Countries
• 10-month period of residence in Urubamba, Cusco where I taught English, on a casual basis, at a local language school
• Volunteer project in Peru that involved a 2-month intensive Spanish course and a 2-month conservation project in the Amazon rainforest
• Institute of Translation and Interpreting
• Society for Editors and Proofreaders
• Institute of Engineering and Technology
• Institute of Engineering Designers
• Institute of Certified Bookkeepers