Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS
Business and financial translations with flair and readability
I am an experienced translator working from German, French and Dutch into English. I specialise in financial, accounting and legal texts, but also translate marketing copy, magazine articles, consumer material and training documentation in a wide range of fields. Whatever the source, good style is paramount: a well-written translation not only helps you to sell and communicate, but also speeds up understanding and saves readers time.
I combine excellent language skills with relevant business experience and a clear, intelligent writing style. As a former Chartered Accountant, I can render specialized financial texts accurately into readable English, employing correct industry vocabulary and the style used by Anglophone professionals. I have wide experience of translating all types of financial and legal documentation, from annual reports, IPO documentation and accounting manuals to regulatory submissions, contracts and litigation.
Unlike many specialist translators, I pay close attention to the reader. I am adept at rendering investor relations and specialist marketing documentation into clear professional English. I can translate complex information, such as pensions documentation, accurately into language accessible to the non-specialist. I also translate marketing and training documents in a wide range of fields, and have translated academic articles for publication in refereed journals.
– Former Chartered Accountant & Senior Manager with a Big 4 accounting firm
– International business experience
– Five years' experience as a full-time translator with a major language services provider
– Published author and translator of academic journal articles
– PhD in European History; Oxford graduate with 1st class degree.
– Excellent language skills combined with business experience and high-quality style.
– Wide range of translation experience: financial services, banking, insurance, industry, marketing, European Union work etc.
– All kinds of financial, legal and commercial texts rendered for specialist readers, investors and consumers.
– Marketingand training documentation in clear, attractive prose
– Magazine articles for specialist and general readership
– Specialist academic articles translated for publication (history)