English to Chinese: Information for JP Road Patching Machine General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Mechanics / Mech Engineering
Source text - English JP
The JP system works on the principle of moving aggregate with large volumes of low pressure air and moving emulsion with higher pressure air. When these two low cost materials are combined a strong flexible and durable repair is produced.
The three step process is completed in one smooth operation.
The JP process:
A: High powered jet air from nozzle blows out dirt, dust, debris and even water from the interior and surrounding edges of the pothole.
B: High powered jet air cleans out cracks and fissures.
A: Valve controlling the flow of liquid emulsion
from pressurized tank.
B: Liquid emulsion being sprayed into the pothole.
C: Inner area of the pothole sprayed including all
openings and fissures.
D: Perimeter of pothole is sprayed to seal edges.
E: Broken areas around edges are filled.
A: Remote control switch activates conveyor to put aggregate into the air stream.
B: Liquid emulsion valve
C: Aggregate and liquid emulsion are mixed in the nozzle and are sprayed under pressure into the pothole.
D: Aggregate and emulsion are compacted from the bottom of the pothole up, denser than rolled asphalt.
English to Chinese: RELEASE AND INDEMNITY General field: Law/Patents Detailed field: Law (general)
Source text - English IMPORTANCE OF BODY CORPORATE RECORDS SEARCH
At DAV Lawyers, we strongly advise our clients to carry out search on the Body Corporate Records on the property that our client(s) is/are purchasing. The Body Corporate Records Search involves physical attendance and inspection of the Body Corporate records at the Body Corporate’s office before compiling a comprehensive report detailing matters of interest to a purchaser. Among other things, the Body Corporate Records Search may reveal (if any):
1. the history of the Body Corporate since the day it is incorporated;
2. defect(s) on the property;
3. decision made by the Body Corporate on the property or the complex/building as a whole (for examples, painting, repair etc) which may affect the sinking fund;
4. current or pending litigation(s) between the Body Corporate and another party/parties (which may potentially increase the sinking fund); and
5. specific rule and/or encumbrance and/or exclusive use of certain area that imposed against the property that our client(s) is/are purchasing.
Needless to say, the abovementioned are not exhaustive and the outcome from the Body Corporate Record search may not reveal any future decision which is yet to be made by the Body Corporate.
The result of the Body Corporate Records Search may take at least ten (10) business days to obtain and, therefore, it is advisable to lodge the Body Corporate Records Search as soon as the Contract is signed. The cost of a Body Corporate Records Search varies depending on the Body Corporate and the cost of the search is to be borne by the purchaser(s). Please advise us immediately should you accept DAV Lawyers’ advice to carry out the Body Corporate Records Search and we will advise you on the cost of the search accordingly.
If you decide to forego the Body Corporate Record(s) search despite DAV Lawyers’ advice given in any manner expressly and impliedly, please complete the following, sign, date and return to us.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
RE: PURCHASE FROM ______________
I*/We*______________ and __________________
of*/all of*__________________________________ hereby confirm and agree to the following:
(a) DAV Lawyers has explained to and advised me*/us* in details on the importance of carrying out the Body Corporate Records Search on the above property;
(b) Despite DAV Lawyers’ advice, I*/we* willingly elect to forego the opportunity to carry out the Body Corporate Records Search on the above property and I*/we* am*/are* aware that this instruction may result in me*/us* suffering from monetary and non-monetary losses and damages of which is likely or may be avoided should I*/we* have carried out the search on the Body Corporate Records
(c) I*/We* hereby indemnify and always keep DAV Lawyers indemnified against any risks losses damages and liabilities that may arise as a result of me*/us* foregoing the Body Corporate Records Search on the above property; and
(d) I*/We* do hereby forever discharge and release DAV Lawyers from and against any and all claims, suits and demands whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with any of the facts and matters that may be revealed if I*/we* have carried out the Body Corporate Records Search as advised by DAV Lawyers.
Upon signing of this document, it may be pleaded and tendered by DAV Lawyers as an absolute bar and defence to any action, suit, claim, demand or proceedings now or hereafter commenced by you in connection with your instruction to forego the Body Corporate Records Search.
Note: If more than one Buyer, all must sign Signature(s):
Dated: / / 2012
(*Delete where not applicable)
English to Chinese: Real Solutions General field: Social Sciences Detailed field: Government / Politics
Source text - English Real Solutions
Our positive Real Solutions plan will deliver a strong and prosperous economy and a safe and secure Australia, including:
1. We will build a stronger, more productive and diverse economy with lower taxes, more efficient government and more productive businesses that will deliver more jobs, higher real incomes and better services for you and your family
2. We will generate one million new jobs over the next five years and two million new jobs within a decade by growing a bigger, more productive and prosperous economy. The Howard Government delivered more than two million new jobs and increased real wages by more than 20%
3. We will get the Budget back under control, cut waste, and start reducing debt – to keep interest rates as low as possible; and to protect the Australian economy from future economic shocks
4. We will help families get ahead by freeing them from the burdens of the Carbon Tax – to protect Australian jobs and reduce cost-of-living pressures, especially on rising electricity and gas prices. We will free households from the burdens of the carbon tax which will slash their power bills by 10%
5. We will help small businesses grow and create more jobs - by reducing business costs and cutting taxes as well as cutting red and green tape costs by $1 billion every year
6. We will create stronger jobs growth by building a diverse, world-class 5-Pillar economy – by building on our strengths in Manufacturing Innovation, Advanced Services, Agriculture Exports, World Class Education and Research, as well as boosting Mining Exports
7. We will build more modern infrastructure to get things moving – with an emphasis on reducing the bottlenecks on our gridlocked roads and highways.
8. We will deliver better education – by putting local communities in charge of improving the performance of local schools
9. We will deliver better services including health services - by putting local communities in charge of hospitals and improving co-operation with the States and Territories
10. We will take direct action to reduce carbon emissions inside Australia, not overseas – and also establish a 15,000 strong Green Army to clean-up the environment
11. We will deliver stronger borders – where the boats are stopped – with tough and proven measures
12. We will deliver strong and stable government that restores accountability – to deliver a better future for all Australians
English to Chinese: Pertussis General field: Medical Detailed field: Medical: Health Care
Source text - English What is Pertussis (whooping cough)
Whooping cough is a serious respiratory infection that causes a long coughing illness. In babies, it can lead to pneumonia and brain damage.
Whooping cough can be life-threatening for babies. Newborns are not immune and nd once infected, they are often very severe.
Older children and adults can get whooping cough and can spread it to others, including babies.
Antibiotics can prevent whooping cough spreading if given early but the cough often continues after treatment.
What are the symptoms?
• Whooping cough starts like a cold with a blocked or runny nose, sneezing, a mild fever and an occasional cough.
• As cough gets worse, severe bouts of uncontrollable coughing develop. Coughing bouts can be followed by vomiting, choking or taking a big gasping breath which causes a “whooping” sound. The cough can last for many weeks and can be worse at night.
• Some newborns don’t cough at all but stop breathing and turn blue.
• Older children and adults may just have a mild cough that doesn’t go away.
How is whooping cough spread?
• A person with whooping cough can spread it to others in the first 3 weeks of illness. Germs coughed into the air can be inhaled by babies, children or adults nearby. These people are then in danger of getting whooping cough.
Protect your baby
• Newborns are not immune until they have had their whooping cough vaccines. To protect them until they are immune, keep people with a cough away from your baby.
• The vaccine for babies is given at 2, 4 and 6 months. The first dose can be given as early as 6 weeks. Immunize your baby on time so they can be protected as soon as possible. If your baby’s vaccines are missed out, speak to your GP about catching up.
• Whooping cough vaccine is effective but doesn’t protect all babies. You still need to watch out, even if your baby had been immunized.
• By immunizing older children with boosters at 4 years old and in high school, you give them some protection against whooping cough. This also helps to reduce spread to others.
• Check if your child has been vaccinated. Speak to your immunization provider or GP or ring the Australian Childhood Immunization Register on 1800 653 809.
• Remember that even with immunization, children can sometimes still catch whooping cough.
• Adults can get whooping cough and can spread the infection to babies. They may just have mild symptoms and may not realize that their cough could cause harm.
• If you’re a new parent, you can top-up your immunity by getting a whooping cough booster. Boosters are also recommended for grandparents, couples planning a pregnancy, and for child care workers and health care workers.
• Whooping cough vaccines can be accessed from your GP, Aboriginal Medical Service, community health centre or council clinic.
How can I prevent the spread of whooping cough?
• Whooping cough is highly infectious in the first 3 weeks. It spreads easily through families, childcare centres and schools, so it’s important to act fast.
• Anyone with symptoms should see a doctor as soon as possible. Your GP can test for whooping cough. Early diagnosis is especially important for new parents and people who have regular contact with babies.
• If whooping cough is detected early enough, your doctor may prescribe a course of antibiotics. After 5 days of treatment, enough bacteria are killed to stop spread to others.
• In some situations, other people who have been in contact with an infectious person may also need antibiotics to help prevent the infection, especially if they are babies or if they have close contact with babies.
• People diagnosed with whooping cough should stay away from work, school or childcare until no longer infectious. Ask your doctor when it’s safe to return.
English to Chinese (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) English to Chinese (University of Queensland) Chinese to English (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) Chinese to English (University of Queensland)