My name is officially spelt in French: Iouri Belov
I have worked in translation for over 10 years and have done other jobs with languages in Russia, Sweden, Québec and Finland.
I have studied translation (English and Swedish) at Moscow State Linguistic University (5-year degree), French language at Åbo Akademi University in Finland, as well as courses in management, languages, and computer software.
My languages are native Russian; advanced English, French and Swedish; intermediate Finnish, Spanish, German and Norwegian. I am a proficient PC user.
I'm looking for jobs in Finland and for freelance projects. Now I live in Turku (Finland) and able to relocate.
I have mainly translated the following subjects (others are also possible):
- business, economy, contracts, conferences;
- engineering: civil, mechanical, ultrasound testing;
- everyday topics and correspondence;
- iPhone & iPad applications: productivity, games, astronomy, music, social networking, child education, sports, etc;
- IT: computer user's manuals, interfaces;
- political and social issues;
- real estate;
- sport: cycling;
- video games
I have also subtitled two long feature films (from Russian into English and French) and other videos.
Samples are available on my pages on
as well at request.
Interests: languages and cultures, politics, environment.
E-mail: iouri.belov @ gmail.com
Skype: ybelov LinkedIN: www.linkedin.com/in/belov