I have a First Class Hons. Degree in Russian Studies from the University of Manchester (1989) and have been a Russian to English translator for over twenty years.
I have worked for many translation agencies in the UK and would be happy to provide you with references. I have also worked for numerous companies and other organizations, including Middlesex University, Royal College of Nursing, Cable & Wireless, Manchester City Art Gallery (UK), Imperial College London, the Barbican Art Gallery (London), and others. In addition, I have worked extensively across the former Soviet Union with companies in the oil, telecommunications, and business education fields.
Some of my more interesting projects have been:
• four years as a research associate at the Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, primarily working with managers from Russia and ex-USSR states, including extensive periods working in Russia itself
• in the telecommunications field, working with Cable & Wireless on numerous occasions, both in the UK and Minsk, Belarus
• oil and gas exploration interpreting and translation, both in the UK and Almaty, Kazakhstan
• medical interpreting and translation for Middlesex University, Royal College of Nursing, and Imperial College London
• translation work on major oil and gas projects, primarily for construction of oil fields in the Republic of Kazakhstan
I use Wordfast as my main CAT tool (which is also compatible with Trados) to ensure consistency of terminology within a translation and across multiple documents.
My rates are very competitive at $100 per 1,000 words with a minimum charge $30 and I would be pleased to undertake a test translation, if required. Apart from standard output in Microsoft Word or PDF format, I also use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign (quotations for the latter supplied on a job-by-job basis).
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.