Spanish to English
English to Spanish
French to Spanish
| saritagm |
Highest qualifications, experience
Houston, Texas, United States
Local time: 22:17 CDT (GMT-5)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Also works in:|
|Agriculture||Livestock / Animal Husbandry|
|Medical (general)||Military / Defense|
|Mining & Minerals / Gems||Paper / Paper Manufacturing|
|Petroleum Eng/Sci||Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)|
|Real Estate||Science (general)|
|Ships, Sailing, Maritime||Telecom(munications)|
|Law (general)||Internet, e-Commerce|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Education / Pedagogy||Environment & Ecology|
|Food & Drink||Forestry / Wood / Timber|
|Geology||Government / Politics|
|IT (Information Technology)||Genetics|
| USD |
|Years of translation experience: 30. Registered at ProZ.com: Jan 2002.|
|English to Spanish (American Translators Association, verified)|
English to Spanish (Switzerland: AIIC)
French to Spanish (Switzerland: AIIC)
Spanish to English (AIIC (Switzerland))
English to Spanish (US State Department)
|English to Spanish (France: ESIT)|
Spanish to English (France: ESIT)
French to Spanish (France: ESIT)
|ATA, Houston Interpreters+Translators Assoc., AIIC (France)|
|Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash, MS Office Suite, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS|
| CV/Resume (PDF)|
Fields of Expertise:
• Consecutive and simultaneous interpretation from English and French into Spanish and from Spanish into English
• Judiciary interpreting in court hearings and depositions from English into Spanish and vice versa.
• Written translation from English or French into Spanish and from Spanish into English.
About my Credentials: Conference Interpreter:
• Member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters
. AIIC maintains strict entry requirements based on linguistic and interpreting skills, experience, and ethics (i.e., professional secrecy and confidentiality). AIIC has a langage classification system: one of the membership requirements is that candidates demonstrate proven linguistic ability in each language pair they claim to possess. Therefore, AIIC membership is not merely a demonstration of interest in the conference interpreting profession, but a valuable professional credential.
• Hold a contract at the highet level with the US State Department. Prior to awarding a contract, the U.S. State Department is required to assess interpreter proficiency by examination at increasing levels of skill and performance (escort, seminar, and conference.) In terms of linguistic and interpreting skills, conference level is the highest.
• Federally Certified, Texas Licensed Court Interpreter Spanish<>English. In the United States, Federal certification is awarded after rigurous examination and is widely regarded in the legal field as a highly reliable indicator of competence.
• American Translators Association (ATA) accredited English>Spanish
. ATA accreditation is recognized world-wide.
Background and life experience--countries of residence:
Cuba → 1961, Spain → 1967, Switzerland → 1971, France → 1974, Spain → 1982, The Netherlands → 1987, Norway → 1992, The Netherlands → 1999, USA → present.
Keywords: conference interpreter, intérprete de conferencia, interprète de conférence, conferences, conferencias, simultaneous interpreter, intérprete simultáneo, simultaneous translator, traductor simultáneo, simultaneous interpretation, interpretación simultánea, simultaneous translation, traducción simultánea, consecutive, cosecutiva, translator, traductor, translation, traducción, Spanish, English, French, español, inglés, francés, court interpreter, judiciary interpreter, federally certified, federal, certification, depositions, sworn statements, deposition, hearings, hearing, legal, medical, declaración jurada, IME, IMEs, declaraciones juradas, deposiciones, congresos, convenciones, meetings, conventions, espagnol, anglais, français, certified, AIIC, ATA, experienced, experiencia, quality, calidad
Profile last updated
Feb 28, 2008