I teach translation, and I handle translations in a variety of areas - medical, technical, business and culture (art, music, literature, journalism and religion.)
pricing ranges from $0.09 - $0.15 per word depending on the time to complete the translation and the technical difficulty of the text.
Editing and proofreading
pricing is $0.04 - $0.07 per word depending on the time to complete the work and difficulty of the text.
Minimum charge is $25 - for translation or editing.
- Translated medical and government documents, educational books, business correspondence brochures, journalistic and academic articles, history and fiction: Spanish
- Edited and proofread a variety of writing, from basic Spanish to advanced graduate work in both Spanish and English. Topics ranged from literature and culture to computers, business practices, law and health care.
- Trained graduate students to translate written materials on a variety of topics - both commercial and academic - Spanish > English.
- Edited and taught writing and translating techniques: structure and organization, voice and tone, grammar and punctuation.
- Edited and taught Spanish grammar and writing.
- Edited written work (articles and dissertations) from speakers of English as a second language.
- Consecutive Interpreter for the Indiana University-Purdue University NAFTA Conference.
Please contact me via e-mail to discuss your translation needs or any questions by clicking here. Education Indiana University
- Bloomington, Indiana
in Spanish, 2001, Graduate Minors in Portuguese and Film.
- Specialties in 20th-century Latin American literature and culture, 20th-century Spanish culture, particularly issues of social justice, political repression, prison and exile.
- Wrote a 270-page manuscript on prison, exile, and political repression and their effects on literature and culture amongst Latin American and U.S. Latino writers and societies.
Bowling Green State University
- Bowling Green, Ohio
in Hispanic Literatures and Cultures, 1994. Minor in creative writing.
- Wrote a 90-page treatise on art, music and literature and their relationships to political, religious and cultural developments in Latin America during the 20th century.
- Studied in Spain for two years, followed by a year of study and work as a research assistant. Focused on Spain during the first years, then the Caribbean during the last year.
Western Kentucky University
- Bowling Green, Kentucky.
in Journalism and Spanish, 1990. Specialties in editing, reporting on computers and legal matters.